Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 03:45:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I try and be nice (and not pressuring at all) but he still plays games?  (Read 335 times)
littlepixie

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Partnered

« on: February 04, 2020, 01:58:03 PM »

My ex always showed me disrespect in the relationship, examples include:

Leaving me in his car numerous times whilst he ran errands - including training for a marathon for up to 2 hours each time in a heatwave.

Over messages he said "I can't believe last night happened, dream check moment!" I replied, kinda trying to deflect too many compliments "Me too, but stop with the compliments haha, im gonna end up with a big head" - his reply was weird "I'm not complimenting you, I was impressed with myself for having slept with someone like you" ... What the PLEASE READ?

When I asked simple requests, like expressing i thought it was rude to go on insta when I was trying to tell him about something he'd say stuff like: "you're putting doubts in my mind. you're making me feel guilty. you expect me to change my behaviour for you - like you expected me to comfort you, and I don't get why you wanted to make me feel bad"

Dumping me for being slightly annoyed for him being late back from aforementioned training whilst i was ill and waiting in a cafe - called me manipulative, selfish and stupid

Being inconsistent with what he said (e.g. "I don't like him" and then if I saw him speaking to him, saying "oh i thought you weren't friends?") and then getting pissed off when I asked why.

Said it was ALL ME:

I was sabotaging the relationship. I was being very selfish and looking for reasons to be sad.

That he was so "so so so sure of me" and that I spent my time putting doubts into his head.

When I told him that I was insecure about my body after rape, and that it made me feel disgusting next to other girls he said "yeah, we know all this" (this floored me)

"what you think doesn't matter."

"I need to protect myself from you. I am my priority".

He dumped me in October last year.

We met up before Christmas - this was 3 months post-breakup. He said vaguely that he was sorry that we had broken up - and that he was sorry how he acted. He had been so depressed since - he stayed in bed for 3 weeks after we split, started self-harming again, thought I had gone forever; "to say I missed you would be the biggest understatement of my life". He said our breakup was messy because of how "united" we are. He said he didn't know what to do for the best.

We slept together this weekend again after I went to pick my stuff up. Now, he likes to leave me on read for hours at a time whilst I ask what I should do with his flat key he put in my bag, and the OTT birthday present he got me (which he put in my bag without asking).

On Tuesday last week I asked whether I could call him because I wanted clarity on the situation. He told me he was away with his training team abroad (but didn't have the decency to tell me over the weekend) - is that something to do with control? Like I wasn't worthy of knowing? Seems bizarre.

Anyway he text saying yes ring me tomorrow (weds) anytime in the day (is that a control thing as well, he always gave me specific times to call about issues)

I just didn't replied.

He then text at the weekend saying he was back and let him know whether I wanted the call.

I felt rude, so I replied saying that it was about us sleeping together at the weekend (as a disclosure - because I didn't want to spring it on him, and I wanted to give him the option of NOT having the conversation, if you see what I mean).

Anyway. He replied saying yes ring whenever, ring tomorrow? So I said yep, no problem give you a ring then (he gave me a specific time obviously). When I said he could ring me when he gets the chance at the time he said ... no call. He's now messaged me saying I will ring you before you go to bed ...

WHAT THE PLEASE READ. Why didn't he just leave the PLEASE READing phone call, say it was a bad idea, make an excuse, tell me to leave him alone, block me - any of those options.

What's this game he's playing?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

jaded7

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: unclear

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 03:58:14 PM »

I don't have any answers here, but I can feel myself getting frustrated and my own feelings having been treated the exact same way. The constant what the hell? The short, impersonal messages, the leaving on read (or often, not even opening the message), days without responding, getting angry with me when I try to see how she is, etc.

The "I'm causing all the problems", trying to keep track of what I'm supposed to do and not do. The inconsistencies- one weekend I'm yelled at for expecting a response to a text or call over 2.5 days, told I need therapy because she's so busy with her son (which had never ever been the case before) the next weekend wondering if she will let me know if an outdoor ultimate match is on because it's raining so hard or at least let me know when she's leaving (after another couple of days without communication), not wanting to text her because of what she said the weekend before, then getting a text after she went to the match without letting me know "I don't have the time to manage your life, I'm busy enough managing mine" I said but you told me last weekend you couldn't respond when you're home with the son "text is ok". Of course, it wasn't the weekend before.

I hope some of the really knowledgeable people can chime in for you.
jaded7

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: unclear

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »

On Tuesday last week I asked whether I could call him because I wanted clarity on the situation. He told me he was away with his training team abroad (but didn't have the decency to tell me over the weekend) - is that something to do with control? Like I wasn't worthy of knowing? Seems bizarre.

Oh, and this one too. One weekend she was going camping for 1 night with some friends and asked if I wanted to have her dog for a couple of days, I said sure. The next morning I texted her early in the morning saying that I couldn't meet her at the appointed time because I was having to fill in at my business for an hour, she said oh that's too bad. I texted her back, no response. I texted her again saying where/when should I pick up the dog. No response. I called her, no answer and no call back. She had 3 hours free that morning, that's why I was going to meet her for a walk and to get the dog. After a couple of hours I figured she had left and just ignored me, which was hurtful. Sunday afternoon I ask her how the camping was, she responds "indoor camping". As in, wtf? I ask what that means, and she says "stayed in town". again, wtf? I say you didn't go camping? she says "we just stayed the night at _____(her friend who she was going camping with). She was in town the whole time and simply ignored my communications and didn't bother to tell me she hadn't left town, didn't feel like having me come meet them for dinner (I know the friends and they like me). CONTROL and power.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest