Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 09:37:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All about herself  (Read 351 times)
icecream

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: March 03, 2015, 02:46:52 PM »

I have a question and hope to find an answer on here... .

I've deleted all the communication between my ex and I long ago. The few texts or emails which i've kept are the most recent ones. I've noticed only recently that they are so selfish, egocentric and all about herself and her struggles or mess and a need for her to check on if i am still around.

There are letters were basicly each line starts with 'I' this... ., 'I' that... .'I' am such a mess... .

How come they are so full of themself and hate themself at the same time?

My ex is aware she does make a mess but the only care on her mind seems to be towards herself by sending each line she writes into a self-analysis.

christin5433

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 02:54:54 PM »

Depends on how " I " is used I think . I feel statements are good to explain how the individual is feeling about the topic. " you " statements are usually the ones that are of blame. I usually say how I feel about being talked to in a negative way and how I feel it's not getting us no where. My ex always used ... .you are this you are that ... .U u u u u... .It was like dealing w a person who can't see thier part.

raisins3142

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 03:06:41 PM »

Emotional turmoil can be a negative feedback loop keeping one stuck because it causes many to focus excessively on their own feelings and issues.

It is a paradox.  You have to be aware of your own feelings but not obsessed.  Maybe sweet spot is better than paradox then.

Take social anxiety as a mild case.  Everyone I know with it (and when I had it) were obsessed with themselves when in public or obsessed with how others were perceiving/treating them.

Now, take something like BPD, it will naturally cause this but even much more.

This is just the layer of pain causing "wound licking/wound staring behavior".

Now, add in the particulars of what helps cause BPD and what BPD is as far as symptoms, and it is a perfect storm for self centeredness/self obsession.

To combat this, my ex claimed to be an empath and to always see other people's side of things.  What that translated into in real life was her emotionally reacting to the often falsely perceived emotional states of others and rationalizing the bad behavior of other people when she was not directly harmed by that behavior.  Not once did she correctly know my emotional state, ask, or predict how her actions would likely make me feel.  Nor did she ever take something I said that could be seen as negative towards her behavior without first becoming massively defensive, and none of her subsequent apologies were genuine and taking responsibility and most stuck a knife back into me somehow. Empath my blue baboon butt.
apollotech

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:07:40 PM »

Emotional turmoil can be a negative feedback loop keeping one stuck because it causes many to focus excessively on their own feelings and issues.

It is a paradox.  You have to be aware of your own feelings but not obsessed.  Maybe sweet spot is better than paradox then.

Take social anxiety as a mild case.  Everyone I know with it (and when I had it) were obsessed with themselves when in public or obsessed with how others were perceiving/treating them.

Now, take something like BPD, it will naturally cause this but even much more.

This is just the layer of pain causing "wound licking/wound staring behavior".

Now, add in the particulars of what helps cause BPD and what BPD is as far as symptoms, and it is a perfect storm for self centeredness/self obsession.

To combat this, my ex claimed to be an empath and to always see other people's side of things.  What that translated into in real life was her emotionally reacting to the often falsely perceived emotional states of others and rationalizing the bad behavior of other people when she was not directly harmed by that behavior.  Not once did she correctly know my emotional state, ask, or predict how her actions would likely make me feel.  Nor did she ever take something I said that could be seen as negative towards her behavior without first becoming massively defensive, and none of her subsequent apologies were genuine and taking responsibility and most stuck a knife back into me somehow. Empath my blue baboon butt.

If I would have been given a nickel every time my BPDexgf asked me if I was mad or irritated, Bill Gates would be my butler. I could be falling out of a chair because of laughter and asked if I was mad. I was asked that question so many times that it became maddening. I have never met anyone in my life that continually misinterpreted my emotional state.

And the tone in my voice. ANY inflection was automatically assumed to be anger. We could be standing in a crowd of friends and I could say something that was obviously sarcastically said, everyone would  laugh but her. When around her, I had to be extremely careful of what I said and how I said it. This woman wanted open communication between us... .then gave me a rule book of her regulations regarding what was permissible during communication.

How did we all not go mad with these people?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest