Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 10:40:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All I want to say for now is thank you for this forum  (Read 272 times)
Learningisthekey
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single and Dating

« on: November 16, 2022, 03:16:05 PM »

I saw a meme today that best describes my experience. It read from “Soulmates to Strangers” I recently went through a crazy rollercoaster on a short lived relationship and was suddenly cut off. For the first few days I was down, lost and had no clue what actually happened until I stumbled across this site. I will elaborate on my experiences later but for now I just want to thank everyone here for sharing. After reading how so many people went through exactly the same scenario it helped me immensely not only understand but move on without feeling all the crazy feelings that go through you after being painted black. THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 03:54:22 PM by Learningisthekey » Logged
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 04:45:49 PM »

I saw a meme today that best describes my experience. It read from “Soulmates to Strangers” I recently went through a crazy rollercoaster on a short lived relationship and was suddenly cut off. For the first few days I was down, lost and had no clue what actually happened until I stumbled across this site. I will elaborate on my experiences later but for now I just want to thank everyone here for sharing. After reading how so many people went through exactly the same scenario it helped me immensely not only understand but move on without feeling all the crazy feelings that go through you after being painted black. THANK YOU!

We welcome you here with open arms.  Welcome new member (click to insert in post). This is truly a fam here. You take your time and you post your story when you are ready. If you have any questions please feel free to fire away. In the mean time please be kind to you and take care of yourself. We got your back here.

Cheers and best wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
tina7868
Ambassador

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 05:12:05 PM »

Excerpt

Welcome Learningisthekey, great username! This truly is a space where you can share in an environment free of judgement.
brighter future

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 08:31:19 AM »

I saw a meme today that best describes my experience. It read from “Soulmates to Strangers” I recently went through a crazy rollercoaster on a short lived relationship and was suddenly cut off.

Welcome to the forum, Learning. The meme you just described made me think of a post that a good friend of mine shared on social media. He suffered a tough breakup a few months after I did. The post he shared said, "how strange that after all that we were, we are strangers again." That hit close to home for me. So much in fact that it brought me to tears.

I was abruptly discarded by my uBPD ex (2.5 years ago) that told me just days before I was her "soulmate" and that she "loved me more than anything and would never give up on me." I spent 6-9 months in an emotional gutter afterwards, but was able to finally pull it together with the help of a licensed counselor and also by the wonderful people on this forum. The counselor got me pointed in the right direction, but it was this forum that put me with people going through similar issues. I didn't feel so alone anymore after I joined this forum. Several of my family members and friends didn't understand. They were supportive, but they just didn't understand the Borderline end of things and how complicated and mentally exhausting these types of relationships are. I was told by a handful of family and friends "You just need to forget about her and get over it." It isn't that simple unfortunately. People here understand, so feel free to post as much as you need to. We will all chime in and help out as much as we can.

Best wishes to you.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest