Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 08:47:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 90 day review  (Read 382 times)
Bigmd

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 31, 2015, 01:01:56 PM »

Ok boys and girls I am now about 90 days post break up with uBPDex. I won't say it has been easy we all know it's not. I am by no means fully healed but I am no where near what I was right after . Like many I was devestated and to me the breakup at the end of July came out of nowhere. I was going on two weeks silent treatment and like many ST before I figured she would snap out of it. But this one seemed different. She had a lot of stressors in her life at the time, which she told me I was one of them,haha nice right? Anyway when she called me on her lunch to end it and put it all on me, I could have cried. I instantly lost my appetite and wanted to crawl into a hole. I was with a buddy helping him do some cement work so I had to suck it up till I got home.

Anyway the next week was horrible. I couldn't eat and called out of work.mof course I knew nothing of BPD at the time. I hit up my therapist 3x a week. I thought I was losing my mind . I mean What the heck this isn't supposed to happen. I got divorced for her. Was there someone else? Ughhh the worst feelings ever. I did probably something you shouldn't do. I joined a dating website and went out with a girl the next weekend. We had sex, and although it was nowhere near my ex it did take my mind off things. For a few days anyway. The next week I wanted answers from my ex. So we talked on phone and she was as cold as ever . I couldn't get anywhere with her, like usual. So we ended and I was confused as ever. It wasn't till a few weeks later I learned of borderline and everything made sense. Wow! So many red flags I ignored. So I kept reading online. I joined up here which helped a lot and read a few books. It made me realize that yes she is most likely borderline but there is nothing I could do.

I did entertain the notion that I could try to get back with her and explain it to her but that ended with my moment of weakness. One night I texted her to see if she got house key. I was drunk and like an idiot I tried talking about the past . She couldnt have been colder. She told me she really doesn't think of us anymore and that door has closed. But we could be friends. It was then I realized she is probably gone forever. It did however set me back. I stress to everyone NC! That was about a month ago. At this point now I don't find myself thinking of her all that much. No obsessing on what is she doing or who is she with? If they do creep in I quickly push them out. I am more angry now. Angry at how I was treated. I consider myself a nice guy but I really feel as if I was taken advantage of. A year ago today I took her daughter for her drivers test, which ran late and missed taking my daughter trick or treating.

Like I said I'm not healed but feel a lot better. The days are brighter and I look forward to being me. It's not all bad Laugh out loud (click to insert in post). I'm a single 41 yo decent looking guy with a great job. I have a lot to offer. I am no longer engulfed by sadness. I do realize I don't like being alone. As of a few weeks ago when my daugher went back to her moms I was really hit with sadness. I was crying , missing my exgf, missing my ex wife and family. I almost called out of work but didn't. That weekend I got really sick with a stomach virus. I was on couch for a day and a half. When I finally got better I no longer felt the sadness . It was weird . Since then everyday has been better. Last night I went out with a former coworker. It was just supposed to be me and him. But his wife came out and brought her friend who is going through a divorce as well. We had dinner and drinks and just laughed. Best night I had in a long time. Anyway enough rambling . Things do get better for all you guys and girls who think otherwise . A couple things along the way that have helped were therapy, funny movies, and I went out. Either with friends or girls I met online. Not to find a girlfriend but just to get some confidence back. It's nice to go out and have a girl talk nice and compliment you.
toddinrochester

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 01:52:57 PM »

Glad to read this Big! Its the most difficult thing I have faced in my life. Its incredibly hard on all of us but you sound like you are doing much better. Happy for you amigo.

"At any given moment, you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end."
Bigmd

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »

Thank you Todd. I am trying. I'm sure I'll still have bad days but hopefully fewer and farther between. Like you said ,the hardest thing ever. I wish it on no one
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »

Hi Bigmd,

Good to hear you're connecting with people. I can relate with the anxiety when my kids go back home on switch on / switch off days. I find self care helps relieve my anxiety. What do you do for self care?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Bigmd

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 05:55:37 PM »

Keeping busy. Still in therapy also.
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »

Here's a few ideas for self care, going out for coffee, going out to the movies,reading a good book, fresh air, getting a message, mindfulness,  hot bath... .

See anything you like? What do you like?

Bigmd

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 09:05:22 AM »

I go out a lot with friends. I go to gym 6 days a week. I also do a lot of running outdoors. So I guess that's what you are talking about? Right now the "sting" of the break up is pretty much gone. As the days go on I find myself liking my new found freedom. I come and go as I please with no one to answer to. For me it's like a new life. Me and my ex wife started dating in 1997. So I haven't been on my own in a long time. I'm sure there will still be some crappy days.
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 10:52:41 AM »

I go out a lot with friends. I go to gym 6 days a week. I also do a lot of running outdoors. So I guess that's what you are talking about? Right now the "sting" of the break up is pretty much gone. As the days go on I find myself liking my new found freedom. I come and go as I please with no one to answer to. For me it's like a new life. Me and my ex wife started dating in 1997. So I haven't been on my own in a long time. I'm sure there will still be some crappy days.

Bigmd,

Yes, that is what I mean. I understand the anxiety with not having a significant other or kids with you when you lived with them day-to-day. Try self care when you're feeling anxious, it should relieve your anxiety. See if that helps.

Bigmd

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 02:46:36 PM »

I should clarify that my ex wife was not the BPD ex. In my last post I was just trying to state how long it's been since I was single. The break up in July was with my girlfriend whom I got a divorce for.
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 02:54:04 PM »

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest