Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 04:04:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 weeks. Sometimes I still miss her like it was day one...  (Read 358 times)
ColdKnight

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 30, 2019, 12:35:24 AM »

Mod note: This is a continuation of the following thread: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=339370.0

7 weeks. Sometimes I still miss her like it was day one...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 11:50:23 AM by once removed » Logged

Take it for what it’s worth, I am no one of consequence.
Pytagoras

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 05:08:05 AM »

7 weeks is great!

Do you miss her less frequently?

Me, every day is a new theme: one day i think all day of her cheating, other day i think of particular good times we had, another day i think about, another day i just miss her, another day i feel guilty (what if i had done this or this), and another day i feel angry for what she did...  i think each day i grieve a different thing.
ColdKnight

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 11:39:09 AM »

Yea that describes it pretty well.

Sometimes I have this anxiety that comes on very strong at odd times and I don’t know what triggers it.

I describe it as the “excitement” that I felt as a kid the night before Christmas Day. It’s not a bad feeling necessarily. Just this intense feeling that something is going to “happen”.

Take it for what it’s worth, I am no one of consequence.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 02:03:01 PM »

Excerpt
Sometimes I have this anxiety that comes on very strong at odd times and I don’t know what triggers it.

Hey CK, I know the feeling.  When I first separated from my BPDxW, I kept expecting the other shoe to drop.  As you describe, it was this feeling of expectancy, as if something was about to happen.  In my case, I suspect it was a carryover from the daily vigilance required in a BPD r/s.  My body was unused to living without that constant pressure!

In the big picture, seven weeks is a relatively short period of time, so be patient with yourself and stay the course.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
gizmocasci

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 06:43:01 PM »

Mod note: This is a continuation of the following thread: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=339370.0

7 weeks. Sometimes I still miss her like it was day one...

i think it'll be 8 for me this coming friday, but i'm beginning to lose track. even though we dated for only 8 months, man did she leave a mark. i find myself longing for her some days, wanting to reach out, but i keep reminding myself of the harsh words she sliced me with. she was two different people. i was falling for the person that she wasn't. these past couple of days have been rough. saturday i had an amazing day out by myself, hiking. i felt so aligned! sunday i worked and was around a close friend. yesterday i found myself sitting on my front steps crying. today sad emotions have popped up again. i'm just sitting with all of them now. i turned away from substances this time around, to let all the feelings flush through. seems like we are on a pretty similar trajectory. keep at it! i am, and i know you will too.
clvrnn

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 02:32:00 AM »

7 weeks must have felt like it took a while to get to, but please don't feel that you shouldn't be feeling a certain way... it's still a relatively short time frame and you're allowed to feel everything..

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest