Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 11:57:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think she painted me white  (Read 406 times)
Bak86

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: August 25, 2014, 10:16:09 AM »

My ex who works together with me, started talking to me after 3 weeks of no contact at work. She even smiled. She's also overdressing to impress me(thats the feeling i have) and she's always looking at me from a distance. How do i proceed with this? I think if i try to make a move she will back off again, if i don't she will only pursue me more and make my mind crazy.

Man... .i was getting over her and now this... .
trappedinlove

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:24:01 AM »

It is likely to be part of a push / pull cycle. Be the master of your own destiny.

TIL
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:36:43 AM »

TIL is right be the master of your own destiny. Hot and cold behavior. Push / pull. Are you done with the r/s?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Bak86

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 11:01:24 AM »

Well... .it's been almost 3 months now. I'm not IN love anymore, but i do still love her. I've tried to reconcile a couple of times now, but she would say it's over and i had to deal with it and we would NEVER get back together. So i'm not sure if i approach her, she will want to get back together... .And i was done with the drama as well, but you all know how good a pwBPD can make you feel, so it's tempting to try it again. Blah, confused.
BacknthSaddle

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 11:23:41 AM »

I think it would benefit you to try to elaborate on what you mean by "I'm not in love with her, but I still love her."  What exactly does this mean?
Bak86

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »

I think it would benefit you to try to elaborate on what you mean by "I'm not in love with her, but I still love her."  What exactly does this mean?

I care for her(A LOT). I really do. But i'm not really in love anymore. Those feelings are gone. If i wanted to go back to her, then we would have to start all over again.
BacknthSaddle

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 12:11:54 PM »

So clarify for me... .if you're not in love with this person, why would you consider being in a romantic relationship with her?
Bak86

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 12:20:41 PM »

So clarify for me... .if you're not in love with this person, why would you consider being in a romantic relationship with her?

Because i believe the feelings can come back.
seeking balance
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »

And i was done with the drama as well, but you all know how good a pwBPD can make you feel, so it's tempting to try it again. Blah, confused.

Keep in mind - your feelings are not facts; facts are facts.

BPD = drama and push/pull

If you are done with drama, focus on the facts and make your actions aligned with this rather than confused feelings.

Peace,

SB

Faith does not grow in the house of certainty - The Shack
myself

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 12:39:16 PM »

Because i believe the feelings can come back.

They could come back. They could leave again.

What were the patterns you went through when with her?

Have any of them changed since then? On her side or yours?

The 'Ten Beliefs That Keep Us Stuck' list helps when standing at a crossroads:

https://bpdfamily.com/content/surviving-break-when-your-partner-has-borderline-personality

No matter what she might be offering, what are you looking for?

Tolou

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 04:14:46 AM »

I work with mine as well,

I have been N.C. for over a year haven't said a word to her, eventually I ignored so much, she started doing the same.  However, my intention wasn't to be cruel or punish her, she literally could have cost me my sanity and my job, she painted me out to be this animal around all of our co-workers and herself a victim. Crying to people saying "how I did this and that".  She was also suicidal and still threatening it, so I stayed away for me, and for her because there was no way I wanted to go through that again, it literally was not worth the pain.

You say You love her but are not in love? I get it, but she attempted to flirt with me, and look all nice too, but I stayed away because I remembered why I walked away.  It wasn't because I didn't care, it wasn't because she isn't beautiful, it was because I triggered her in the worse and her for me.  You have to ask yourself what would be your real intentions?  If you truely know this person is " " whatever your labeling them to be, and that they have the emotianl maturity of a child, what will get from this relationship if you revisit it, that you haven't got already?

Be careful, for me I walked away and ended, I kept no contact, my one attemtp to break it, set me back, that was over a year ago.  best of luck, for me i took the advice of friend, dont shi" where you eat, I need my job, she has no boundaries.
Bak86

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 06:56:36 AM »

Yeah i think it's best if just stay the hell away... .

It's just annoying that she got into my head again 
nolisan

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 11:14:56 AM »

Oh boy ... .the cycles! For me they got more painful.

The last "painted white" cycle: she had lost her house and moved in with me. I was the best, our love was forever, etc, etc, etc.

I bought in. She moved in.

Then BAM - she splits (psychologically and physically).

It felt like my heart had been torn out. My head and gut knew the r/s was futile but my heart lagged behind.

Live and learn.
Bak86

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 03:14:12 PM »

Oh boy ... .the cycles! For me they got more painful.

The last "painted white" cycle: she had lost her house and moved in with me. I was the best, our love was forever, etc, etc, etc.

I bought in. She moved in.

Then BAM - she splits (psychologically and physically).

It felt like my heart had been torn out. My head and gut knew the r/s was futile but my heart lagged behind.

Live and learn.

What annoys me is that she told me we would never try again, that she was done with the drama, done with me and was VERY angry at me and after a few weeks of no contact everything seems to be fine. It's just so weird.
Bak86

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »

I came to the realization that i'm still very much in love with her and that i miss her so much. UGH, why can't she stop giving mixed signals. One day she's all happy towards me and other days she's cold as ice.

I feel disgusted with myself to be so obsessed with her.  
trappedinlove

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »

I came to the realization that i'm still very much in love with her and that i miss her so much. UGH, why can't she stop giving mixed signals. One day she's all happy towards me and other days she's cold as ice.

I feel disgusted with myself to be so obsessed with her.  

Don't be hard on yourself.  I think this is one way we naturally react to the push/pull paradox.

We can't comprehend it therefore we obsess and feel madly in love.

Sort of desperately feeling "why can't you just love me?"
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest