Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 07:35:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worn out  (Read 418 times)
jc2

« on: June 12, 2016, 04:30:11 AM »

I think I have failed.  I have tried my hardest to improve things i.e. to not make things worse, to ensure I validate, to not take seriously what feel like highly personalised and pretty constant attacks when I would not take them personally if they did come from an actual three year old - but I cannot do it.  My partner is relentlessly telling me I have done something wrong and throwing accusations.  I have noticed almost everything she says and does contains an explicit or implicit criticism.

Today was too much - I have asked her to leave - she was of course even more angry and started saying she was going to have me locked up etc. and then started physically pushing me and pushed me over then kicked me.

I said I could not cope anymore and that my view is that she needs to have more help before this has a chance to work and it takes time even if she has found the right counsellor.

I just feel broken by it all and cannot see how to carry on trying to make thing work without building myself up again.  I am just so sad.

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Moselle

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

Every day is a gift. Live it fully

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 05:40:33 AM »

jc2,

I have experienced something similar and I can empathise with your desire for her to get help. What is her response to that?

It sounds like this has escalated to violence and threats. Please take these things seriously. Have you made a police report of the violence? You don't have to charge her, but I highly suggest you go down and make an affidavit about what happened and who did what. It may be that later, her version will be significantly different to the truth if she wants you to be locked up.

Please consider your safety, emotional and physical. That is most important here.

What is happening now? Has she left?

jc2

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 06:59:42 AM »

Yes - stormed out really in anger.

I cannot work out what to do.
Moselle

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 06:35:41 AM »

It must be very difficult at the moment for you. Hang in there JC2. It will get better

She's had time to calm down. What is she doing/saying now?

Did you make a statement at the police station yet? To work on this effectively, it's important to ensure your safety first

Moselle

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 09:25:23 AM »

Have a look at the following resources regarding safety

Safety First

I was also physically abused by my ex. I know that I felt numb and confused. Here is a link that might be of assistance

TOOLS: Domestic Violence Against Men

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest