Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 09:18:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is walking away the right answer when you love her so much  (Read 364 times)
braveheart247

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 29, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »

Hi everyone. I don't want to walk away because I love my BPDgf. I feel like my life is incomplete without her, but I think I'm getting to close to walking away. I feel like I cannot do anything right. Anything I do is getting turned around and used against me. All I want is for her to be happy. She's got a amazing smile. Beautiful eyes, and very very good brain. It's just this BPD is taking over her life and I feel powerless to help the live of my life. I feel like I have no one to talk to anymore because if I talk to my gf about it, it just makes it worse. I'm just starting to feel like a complete failure and my whole world is falling apart under my feet... .
Want2know
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 10:50:37 PM »

Relationships are hard... . love is such an instinctual thing.  I feel for what you are going through.   

After reading your posts, it seems like this type of relationship is a pattern for you.  Can you tell us a little bit about your parents and upbringing?  Sometimes that plays a part in how we pursue relationships. 

Hang in there... . we will help you through this the best we can. 

“The path to heaven doesn't lie down in flat miles. It's in the imagination with which you perceive this world, and the gestures with which you honor it." ~ Mary Oliver
rj47

Relationship status: Divorced after 30 years. Still care, but moved on.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 02:27:38 PM »

Its hard to have a clear head when you are caught up in the storm of their shifting emotional states. You may think you're strong enough to weather it, but like ocean waves beating on granite it will eventually grind you down. I've been at it a long long time and was able to manage through the abuse for many years. In our case it got worse as she got older and eventually found the hooks to wear me down. I loved her as well but knew there were serious issues when we were in our twenties. Once children showed up it was a done deal and I had to weather 25 years for their sake. Of course I loved her, always will; and was sure I could fix her. With every rebound, apology, re-idealization, and promise were new assurances that the crazy time would never happen again. Of course I was convinced each time that it would never happen again. But it always does; always. Prepare for a long road of hurt, despair, chaos, self-doubt, mistrust, fear, lost memories, and, turmoil. But of course we believe that love can cover a multitude of sins. Remember the person who you are today; because in due time that person is likely to be a shadow of its former self. What is a life worth? What is yours? Convinced you can save her? You may not be able to save yourself by the time your finished. You may be able to prevail... . but the odds ain't so good.

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain."
mapys

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 02:59:39 PM »

Well, you have read the countless stories... . Did you find hope in reading them? Are there any true happy endings? I haven't found one.

I don't remember where, but I found online a piece of information about how BPD to some degree might be hormone connected (i haven't verified this info) and that there are potentially progressive medication therapies on their way but I wouldn't bet on it. I don't know, there was info about how pwBPD (women particularly) had almost perfect (meaning without this nonsense) behavior while being on hormonal birth control. Also I can't provide any references but I have stumbled upon such info while researching BPD online.

I also would give everything if there was a permanent cure for this and if there was a possibility to get back my gf but there is no quick fix, meaning that you will have to sacrifice something - your time, identity traits, patience with no guarantee of success.

In my quite short journey towards leaving I reached a phase where I would fantasize how relieving it would be if my gf crashed in a car accident and died. Oh it would solve a lot of problems for me. These were very brief moments but they kept emerging with certain regularity. Tho I would immediately punish myself of thinking such things - no I am a bad person, who wishes death for someone, especially when they love them?. But that was a fact and it got me thinking - something is seriously wrong and I should get out, that is not true love, that is something else. So yep - these thoughts were a good control-mechanism for me to know when it is time to leave.

Nevertheless I am so mixed up in my feelings - I miss her, I wish she was beside me, I want to know what she is doing, and everybody goes thru these stages. Eventually it gets better, so I have read Smiling (click to insert in post)

Also happiness doesn't come from outside, it comes form inside, from our choices. If we feel unhappy then it is probably because we have made poor choices. And to change that we have to change our choices.    

Best of luck of finding your path towards your happiness.
In_n_Out

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:17:08 PM »

Curious about BPD and birth control pills (BCP's), I found this:

www.sideeffectsofbirthcontrol.blogspot.com/

Which it seem to indicate quite the opposite; that it instead amplifies the BPD. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest