Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 02:38:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've started the leaving process, bittersweet but ready  (Read 335 times)
Peace4ME

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Ended 26 mo relationship in May- owned a house together

« on: April 30, 2013, 09:16:27 AM »

Well, I've probably said I'm leaving 15-20 times (and thought I meant it) but this time just feels different.

The lack of connection and feelings I have left for him make it so much easier to keep the train moving this time. I was feeling quite sure I was ready to make this decision Sunday night when I saw something that pushed me all the way to 99.9%. A little message popped up on his phone right next to me - "So and so" winked at you - Match.com. Although I couldn't resist the temptation of telling him he was caught, I didn't have that jealous sick hurt feeling that one would expect from seeing this. Instead, I think I laughed and just said wow. Our relationship isn't even cold yet, he's still hinting that I should reconsider, and also checking out his next victim at the same time.

Ok victim is mean. He is sick, this is an illness. But until he takes that seriously and truly takes care of himself and accept some responsibility, he is going to repeat the process.

So, he is looking at apartments, I have started calling realtors to think about getting our house on the market, but at the same time, he is breaking down, and may even be taking short term disability from work. I guess my only real fear at this time is that he will drag his feet on apartment hunting and not actually make the commitment to sign a lease and move out as quickly as he first stated.

Because if there's one thing I learned about him in this relationship is that rationality and promises today = irrationality and broken promises tomorrow.

I care for him, I have emapthy him, but I don't love him anymore. The stress and pain and drama of this relationship have just muted my emotions and made me so indifferent. I'm looking forward to someday moving on and meeting someone whom I can I can SHARE a life with, not have the life suffocated out of me.

heartandwhole
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »

Good for you Peace4Me  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you and your partner, but I'm glad that you are feeling strong and looking out for yourself.

I can relate to the bittersweetness of it, too.  I think my pwBPD is a great guy, and I feel a lot of warmth and empathy for him, and yet, I was a complete mess during our relationship.  

Good luck to you in your new life    

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest