Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 20, 2024, 11:13:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do they put walls up to try to protect themselves?/reckless behaviour  (Read 460 times)
blackorchid

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 11, 2019, 04:28:35 AM »

Hi,
Im linking my other post here as background to this latest episode.

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=339116.msg13073026#msg13073026

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=339163.msg13074041#msg13074041

So since he dysregulated on the 7th August and left for work on the 8th, I have had minimal contact with him. Any messages are send about us are replied to with a "don't talk about us or I will block you".

I haven't seen him since then, until Saturday.  He sent me one message saying what are you doing.  I didn't reply and about 5 mins later the doorbell went and he was here.  As he walked towards the living room, I said that a friend was here and he turned on his heels and left.  When I asked him why did he come he said to see our dog which I've done so I'm leaving.

I think he had been drinking, it was late.   Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

Last year when he was like this, he got caught by the police for drink driving and lost his license for 6 months, recieved a fine and  is on probation for 2 years despite it being a first offence.  If he gets caught again he will face prison time. Yellow flag/questionable (click to insert in post)

he then messaged me which resulted in me being blocked.  He said have a nice time with the friend. He has a new girlfriend (usually says after hes left) I can check with some friend that I dont know, we are just friends, said again about girlfriend and ask his friend its true. again repeated we are just friends.  he will block me now, which he then did on whatsapp

Sunday night he messaged me to say sorry for disturbing you. wanted to know why the friend was staying.  asked me if i had contacted his friend.  asking if i think we will be together again, saying he had a new girlfriend.  he then called me in the middle of the night and wanted to know what I was doing, said I was asleep.  asked if i was alone, asked if i had been with anyone, here or in england, said he didnt believe me . hung up called back asked again. asked if my friend was still here.  he said thats a shame i thought we could just be friends with benefits.. whatever night.

then messaged that we are friends and best friends.  and again talked about friends with benefits.  wanted to come but friend was here.

monday night was the same.  he turned up  said he wanted friends with benefits.  we are better like that.  He was calling me all the pet names, but if i showed him any affection he became closed off and offended.  Was annoyed that friend was in bedroom. went to the terrace and drank and then wanted to leave. I said you cant drive youve been drinking. put him to bed on sofa.  he asked again if i had contacted his friend.

in the morning there was shock on his face when he saw he was here. and then he tried again for friend with benefits.  i saw he had a bad gash on his arm, asked what happened. he became angry we're not in a relationship. 

I said you said we are friends. if i saw another friend with a wound i would be worried and put cream on it, by chance it was on the table.  He was annoyed wanted to leave. then he got a phone call from a cargo company. before the fight i had ordered him a necklace as he had lost the one that day that i had bought him years ago.  he said he felt naked and lost without it. As i would be out of the country and he would be working i put his work address as the delivery address.  he asked what it was so i said.  He got angry. jumped up showered and left.  said again that he wants sex with me and maybe he can come once a week for it. but no relationship.

today he has opened the gift.  he messaged me thanks and said he wants to know the price.  he will send me the money or he wont wear it.

i said i cant remember i need to check my emails.

he has just messaged again saying hey you didnt tell me the price.

should i?

some key things
1.this friend he is talking about is not a friend.  he began working with him in june and he is foreign.  looks like a sleaze and player. i have never met him
2.from posts he has put on social media, his new house, people have contacted me asking where we have moved to and to say congrats for the move. I then have to tell them its him not me who has moved.  his best friends dont know and havent spoke to him since he dysregualted...same as last year
3. last year he seemed to ditch his friends and hang out with a new one from his new job...last year it was a 16 year old kid (hes 35) this year it is a guy from the Zambia both were new in town.
4. the way he is holding himself and talking is not like him, eg he claimed to come for the dog, but barely looked at her. i had to remind him to  but even then he wasnt bothered.
5.if i get too close he gets angry and inflamed and pulls away
6. when he was stable all year he was angry at himself about the drink driving and couldnt believe he had done it.  swore he would never ever do it again. yet know he is doing it and i dont know whether to say anything to him about this

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

ColdKnight

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 04:42:30 AM »

Seems to me when you pull back and act indifferent he starts to come back.

Not saying that is what you should...

Take it for what it’s worth, I am no one of consequence.
blackorchid

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 05:13:45 AM »

yes i get that,

Just had a call from his best friend.  He's worried about him he saw him yesterday. Said that he is drinking too much and that he is a completely different person and not like the man he knows him to be.  Said it's the first time he thought that he actually needs help..( hes married to one of my friends and i have told her before that i suspect BPD and he needs help) said you're right he needs professional help.

said he got there early and he was already pissed.  Hes got a place with an old football friend.  Was depressed and moaning that his career is over again (its 2 years since he got an injury which forced him to stop)

He was so annoyed with him that he left

I asked him if he knew anything about his injury.  I wasn't sure if he was telling me the truth. The wound on his arm. He said that he was drunk crossing a road and he got hit by a car, knocked unconscious was taken to hospital. he lost his wallet with half his wages in it. It is true.  My heart breaks for him hearing this and I want to call him but i know i cant.

His messaged me again saying he doesnt want an expensive gift, please he wants to pay.

I dont know whether just to lie and say a cheaper price.
blackorchid

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 03:37:08 PM »

He just messaged me now.

Saying he is so sad that he’s life is so bad. Everything is bad and that I hope you can be happy in your life.

Any tips on how to reply?
ct21218

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 03:52:41 PM »

What kind of relationship do you want with him?  Are you comfortable with friends with benefits?  Do you want him randomly showing up to your house?  He doesn't sound very stable right now.
blackorchid

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 04:08:30 PM »

I don’t think he’s in a good place at all and even his friends are noticing it now and saying he needs help. I have wanted to cry all day tbh after hearing about him getting hit by a car. I just want him home
ct21218

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »

Does he want to stop drinking and get help?
blackorchid

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 04:32:14 PM »

If I try to talk to him in any emotional supporting way be put his walls up and pulls away from me. He normally doesn’t drink a lot. This is a thing when he’s dysregulated.

His best friend is worried about him and says he may talk to him about it 
ct21218

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 04:53:52 PM »

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do if he doesn't want help.  I'm sorry.  Be sure to take care of yourself.
blackorchid

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 06:13:28 PM »

He just came at 01:20. He had been drinking and wanted more. I didn’t have any beer. He gave our dog some love. Sat on the balcony. I went to the toilet. Heard the door slam.

Raced outside behind him. Told him not to get into the car. Don’t drink drive. You got done for it last year. If you get caught again you will go to prison

He said please don’t make a scene. You’re making me angry. If I stay here I won’t wake up for work. I said I will wake you up. Come upstairs and sleep. Don’t do this. He apologised for making me come outside with barefeet and in my pjs.

I tried to remind him how regretful he was of drink driving last year. He wouldn’t listen. Just said I’m making him angry. That his house is only ten mins away. He will be ok. Closed the door and drove off.

He then called me to say sorry and to make sure I was safe and back in the house

This isn’t him.

This wasn’t him last year

He spirals out of control. More and more out of control. He loses sense of who he is

He hates drink drivers. He despised himself for doing it last year. Why is he doing this again. 
blackorchid

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 06:20:04 PM »

Would it be worth me reversing the scenario and saying what would you think/do/say if I was doing this
blackorchid

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 06:26:13 PM »

He’s home. I’ll try and sleep.

He just messaged.

You are a very good person but you made me unhappy about my 3 most important things
1) respect my family
2) respect my friends
3) money

How do I respond?

This split was triggered because his family were coming to stay and mine too and I said where would everyone stay? He raged. Said his family is nothing to me I always disrespect them. He didn’t come home until I flew to my sisters wedding and when I moved out he was gone

I have no idea what he means because of friends and money.

He said goodbye night. After that so I just responded night. I will try to respond to the others tomorrow?
ct21218

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 06:31:06 PM »

If he is drinking, I would not respond at all.  Better to let him sober up, he is not at all rational right now.
blackorchid

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 06:35:30 PM »

Every time he leaves over the past 14 years. No matter what actually did happen or what the argument was about. He said it was because I didn’t respect his family or friends. Money I don’t know where that’s come from. I’m not responding. Trying to sleep. Struggling. It’s 02:35.

blackorchid

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2019, 12:30:44 AM »

Hi everyone. Does anyone have any advice what to reply to his lässt message?
bated

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2019, 01:32:26 AM »

Why do you think he said those things? Consider asking him for more information.
blackorchid

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 01:55:55 AM »

Usually if I ask what I’ve done when he’s this dysregulated it infuriates him more.

I don’t want to go down a JADE route and justify myself.
At the moment I’m just ignoring it and haven’t replied but don’t know if that’s a good thing.
Stillhopeful4

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 09:25:29 AM »

Hi Blackorchid,

I would not respond at all at this point.  He sent them when he was drunk and they are just chaos making statements.
That's just my opinion.  I hope things get better.  Was he wearing the necklace?

Try and relax a little this weekend and take some you time ((HUGS)

SH4

Red5

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2019, 12:35:32 PM »

I would not respond at all at this point. 

He sent them when he was drunk and they are just chaos making statements.

… key word there… chaos!

He seems to be "all over the map"… please be careful blackorchid.

Red5

“We are so used to our own history, we do not see it as remarkable or out of the ordinary, whereas others might see it as horrendous. Further, we tend to minimize that which we feel shameful about.” {Quote} Patrick J. Carnes / author,
blackorchid

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2019, 03:20:17 PM »

Thanks red and SH4. Yes chaos is def the key word.

Is it weird that it makes sense a bit now? He drove to pick his brother up from “military service” on Thursday night. The night after he messaged that and he has spent the day posting happy family photos on social media. With both parents shockingly there. So maybe before seeing them he was all over the place.

It makes me angry on his behalf that they were both there for it. He did the full stint. 15 months and in the east. Aka not a nice area. And no member of his family came to see him for over a month after he finished. Let alone go to the leaving ceremony. He lent the brother the money to get out of military service last year. So he only did 20 days. He was supposed to pay him back this summer which he then said he couldn’t do.  I’m wondering if this has something to do with his emotional state.

No necklace SH4...

FYI for everyone else. He lost a necklace I gave him years ago before the argument and split. And I ordered a new one before this happened. As I would be abroad ordered to his workplace. It came on Tuesday. He was angry. I explained it was ordered before. He wanted to know the price to repay me as he doesn’t want gifts from me. Or he won’t wear it

SH4 there was something on your post about getting angry at qualities in us that they wish they had. It made me think about that with the necklace. Maybe he wishes he could be generous and thoughtful that way? He knows gift buying is my jam. I love buying gifts just not so keen on accepting them.
blackorchid

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »

Anyone’s thoughts on this?

He just messaged me to tell me that his divorced parents have got back together.

Anyone’s ideas if that would be contributing to his unstable behaviour atm?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest