Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 02:08:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need successful suggestions  (Read 509 times)
Loosestrife

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »

"Just out of interest, how did you end it and what did you say?"

Loose,

I don't know if your question was directed at me, but since you quoted me I assume that it was. I didn't say anything or give any reason upon terminating the relationship. I simply stopped responding to all communication.

She had me triangulated with an exbf. I had expressed my displeasure with the situation in a polite way. She, of course, would not accept that she was the problem in said scenario. Her accounting had/has him as the problem. Also in a polite manner, I told her that when my hope dried up that our relationship would right itself, I would be gone. Her unacceptable behavior continued, and I kept my word. (There was the whole range of BPD behavior concentrated over our 8 month relationship as well, but this was the jump light.)

I was grocery shopping one night and she called me raging over the phone about a very trivial matter (Her rage was not directed at me.). At that moment, for whatever reason, clarity came: I accepted that there would never be peace with this woman. That was in early Feb., and that was the last time that we spoke verbally. With the exception of a very few necessary text communications on my end, I have been strict NC. Our relationship goes all the way back to childhood (There is a 32 year seperation in there.). This is not what I chose, but I saw no other alternative but to get out. I had no idea she was/is mentally unhealthy until our romance started. We had a friendship before, and a very good one, now we have nothing.

She will text me about once a week with the dribble mentioned in my other post. What she has omitted in all post b/u communication is asking me why I stopped talking to her. She knows the answer, but she is unwilling/unable to accept responsibility for it. This is not to say that she doesn't project her guilt/anger/blame onto me in some texts. It is a very bad situation all around. I am trying to figure out some way to frame some type of relationship between us that we'd both be safe in (I am now a trigger to her.). As of right now, my thoughts on this matter have failed me.

Thanks appollo
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest