Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 12, 2024, 10:32:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The message I wanna send BUT wont  (Read 454 times)
Silverdash

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: Dating

« on: April 23, 2022, 10:55:26 AM »

"Hey ABC.Im in your area tonight if you fancy meeting for a catch up?No pressure if youve plans.I hope life is good atm.Take care Silverdash x"

I have been NC for a few days. I am feeling a strong urge to text. I will be in his area 2nite, socializing with other people. Trying to stay strong for my own good!
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

tina7868
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 11:03:38 AM »

Great idea posting here instead Smiling (click to insert in post) Enjoy yourself when you go out!
judee

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: on a break

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 11:29:45 AM »

Feel free to post it 6 times more here...  :)as long as you keeps you from sending it to him. I have had about 325 texts and a handfull of long letters in my head I never sent him. In a few weeks you will be SO happy you didn't, believe me.
formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 06:02:40 AM »

How did it go?  Still NC?

Best,

FF

Silverdash

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: Dating

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 05:46:47 PM »

I broke NC Frustrated/Unfortunate (click to insert in post) He suggested we meet during the week cos he was not around. I told him Im busy n need to check my diary. He left me on read for a few hours, Id say this may have annoyed him not feeling prioritized. Tg I was busy with friends and didnot see 'on read' until I returned home. I checked my diary and told him a few diff dates Id be free. He immediately replied choosing the soonest. 2moro we will meet for hot choc and a walk.

Now I feel frustrated that I rolled over so easily on my self. I dont even know what I am hoping to achieve by seeing him. Is it a losing game? Why am I trying to prove to my self that I am 'worthy' of his friendship...perhaps because I was not 'worthy' of any thing more?
tina7868
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 06:49:44 PM »

I remember you had written this in another discussion :

Excerpt
If I break this streak, I'll restart it.

I remember it because I like the attitude it entails! Don't be hard on yourself for breaking NC. I think what could be useful is exploring your motivation in replying, and I mean really getting to the bottom of things in an honest way. What was your state of mind when you replied? Would you say it was impulsive? What were you doing right before? I feel like exploring these types of questions can help determine whether there is a pattern or trigger behind when you reach out to him. Remember to be empathetic with yourself, you're human! 

As for what you want to achieve by seeing him, that's also an excellent question to reflect on. What are your thoughts?

Excerpt
Why am I trying to prove to my self that I am 'worthy' of his friendship...perhaps because I was not 'worthy' of any thing more?

I really feel you on this! What I've learned (and still need to remind myself of) is that placing your worthiness in someone outside yourself is giving your power away. This is especially true when that someone has BPD, since their feelings towards you will oscillate. That is a losing game! Your sense of worth comes from you. What you feel about yourself is what matters.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest