Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 01:15:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone been brought to court over kids clothing?  (Read 384 times)
hell0kitty

« on: April 25, 2013, 04:42:13 PM »

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but lately BPDex has been having a sudden and urgent need to get a few items from us. A couple of coats and a pair of old earrings that are one that came free with the ear piercing in the mall.  One of the coats is so torn up the stuffing was coming out, so we replaced it with a new one.  The other is for really cold weather and it has been nearly 70 out for weeks.  We sent it to her house, and she sent it back to us two days later. 

We got kiddo new very expensive earrings for Christmas (we had to get real gold because she is sensitive to cheap metals) and she has been wearing them for months.  She actually lost one of the cheap original ones way back in Dec, but told us not to tell BPD mom for fear she would get yelled at.

Since the ballet fiasco ended, which went to court, she has been fairly quiet.  Suddenly, the last few days, she is just sending all of the urgent messages about needing these things returned ASAP. We have not answered much due to advice here regarding "not engaging her"

I'm sure it feels weird only because we are not used to not responding.  I just got this sudden fear we were going to end up back in court over over something so stupid. 

This is not possible, right?
marbleloser

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 04:54:50 PM »

She can take you to court over about anything.It's what they do.Just send it back as is if she purchased it.
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »

You would have a court that tolerates trivial issues -- the judge I have would chew N/BPDx a new one if he brought something like this forward.

My family court has to minimize backlog as much as possible, and they don't tolerate frivolous law suits. In the neighboring county, family court will hear anything and everything. When I filed for divorce, my L advised me to move to the other county so I would get a more favorable system. It's one of the reasons I figured she was telling the truth that she knew what Axis II Cluster B was all about.

She can probably try to make it an issue, but if the court hears it, then you have a bigger problem than the ex, imo. If the court does decide to hear it, make the case that you want decision-making because the ex displays a consistent pattern of making things excessively difficult. And ask for her to pay any legal fees.

The other issue -- what your D does during ex's time -- is one that the court's take more seriously than what happens to objects belonging to ex, or to D. I suspect you are not at risk, but it's BPD. Anything goes.

Breathe.
Waddams

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living single, dating wonderful woman now

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 01:59:28 PM »

My ex-wife took me to court for giving our son the occasional poptart and twinky.  Literally.

It didn't get in front of a judge though.  We ended up settling and incorporating a bunch of stuff I wanted that she'd been fighting for a long time.

hell0kitty

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:03:25 PM »

Holy cow! I appreciate your responses.  I have been constantly amazed by this whole thing and what she is willing to drag into court. My divorce was a breeze. We both signed papers that I filled out, turned them in, paid a filing fee and that was it.  The only time in my life I was ever in a courtroom.  Now that I am with this person who has a BPDex, court is becoming something I save my vacation days for.  Every time I think "There is noo way... . " there seems to be a way.
Ishenuts

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »

As part of our Parenting Plan, we have to go to a Parental Coordinator before going back to court. Do you have a Parenting Plan? My xBPDh wants to go to the Parental Coordinator for the most ridiculous things, but it does save on court costs and time.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest