Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 20, 2024, 04:00:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when you get the same advice from everyone yet...  (Read 540 times)
Cipher13

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 09:42:15 AM »

I tried the T for me. It helped. She hated it becasue it changed me. She thought for the worst I thought for the better. I was more idependent. I can't afford to do both. Finacially just going to one is more than I can afford finacially.
Pearl55

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 10:15:16 AM »

Cipher13

I think you've got a sever guilt if you want to leave her but her conditions are nothing to do with you and you are not able to fix her, nobody can! Of course she is upset when you are more independent because you are her opponent and you must be weak in order for her to win over you!
Cipher13

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 11:26:25 AM »

Excerpt
I think you've got a sever guilt if you want to leave her but her conditions are nothing to do with you and you are not able to fix her, nobody can! Of course she is upset when you are more independent because you are her opponent and you must be weak in order for her to win over you!

Guilt yes a lot of it. She is the queen of dishing it out. I have accepted it without thought for 10 plus years.

The part about her fighting my indepence makes sense . However it feels somedays that doesn't matter she is just upset at me breathing the same air.
Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »

I tried the T for me. It helped. She hated it becasue it changed me. She thought for the worst I thought for the better. I was more idependent. I can't afford to do both. Finacially just going to one is more than I can afford finacially.

So pick one. I'm going to be blunt and say you will get better results from individual T for yourself.

Her reaction to your improvement based on your own T is the "normal story" around here.

Couples T working poorly is also the "normal story" around here--Either the T will be ineffective, and/or side with your wife... . or your wife won't follow the T's recommendation that she change her behavior.

Actually, the absolute BEST results would be your wife choosing to get individual T for herself (preferably something like a full DBT program), but getting her into it isn't going to be easy!
Cipher13

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 02:03:33 PM »

Excerpt
Actually, the absolute BEST results would be your wife choosing to get individual T for herself (preferably something like a full DBT program), but getting her into it isn't going to be easy!

You can say that again. Especially when she is 110% certain I am the casue of all things good and bad. Especially bad.
waverider
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 05:04:56 PM »

pwBPD are not very good at making effective use of therapy. They almost need therapy to teach them how to take attending therapy seriously. They are too locked in denial, cover up and projection for therapist  to get anywhere, then drop out.

I am sure many Ts have the attitude that it's going to be a waste of time as soon as they walk in the door.

My partner has been to heaps of T's and support groups but it is always the same soaks up the S & E but as soon as the T part of it comes out and she is expected to own anything or action something she goes AWOL. I have given up in pushing T until she is capable of commitment and responsibility. She is like this with everything in her life, which is what makes her low functioning. Nothing gets completed past the first impulse.

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
LifeIsBeautiful

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014, 01:30:36 AM »

I realised she was starting another one of those "you don't care about me" rants, and I couldn't listening to any of that. Of course that was followed by the usual get out of the house. I have reached the point of not even bothering with validating and SET etc. It didn't help or I wasn't doing it correctly. This cycle has been going on for a week, and I'm hoping. Can someone tell me if I'm crazy already?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest