Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 01:54:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today we start a new therapy and crisis help via a grant  (Read 412 times)
bubby827

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married

« on: December 27, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »

I am excited and somewhat nervous about getting started.  We get with this special grant help from 5 to 10 every night if we want it we get a councilor to come to our home or we can go there.  we will have a whole team of people to help our family.  I just pray that it is what we need.   The councilor will help with DBT therapy and a group will start up mid January... .I hate that we have to wait so long for that.  The councilor is suppose to give us more information today.   PLEASE PRAY for us today that this is what we need to get our daughter functioning back at school and in life.  I want her to get her drivers licence, I want to trust her, I want her to be happy, I want her to stop hurting herself,  I want her to have meaningful relationships.  I want her to be happy. 

I also want to be happy and I want peace in my family.  I want our family to be calm and peaceful again.  I hope this is the answer.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
jaynebrain

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:06:51 PM »

I am praying for you Smiling (click to insert in post)
crazedncrazymom

Relationship status: Married 19 years

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »

How wonderful!  I hope this is the first of many steps your family takes towards healing all your wounds!

-crazed
Gidget

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 02:31:03 PM »

Great news hope it all goes well and your daughter gets better. Good luck and will send prayers
Being Mindful

Relationship status: Married for 28 years

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 09:43:30 AM »

Hi Bubby!

I'm praying for you and your family.

The one thing I wished I had understood while my BPD.D was doing DBT is that change really had to start with me with using the skills. Please take a look at all the links here to help get you started.

Being Mindful
co.jo

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 12:06:04 PM »

That is awesome you get all that help. Where do you live that will give that kind of support? My daughter's life and our family's would have been so different if we could have had that help when DD was younger.
bubby827

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »

I am very new to this.  BPD.  My daughter was diagnosed during a hospital stay in July as BP1 and then in early November second hospital stay  added BPD.  The third stay she was again BP1 and BPD.  We live in Saginaw Michigan.  The psychiatrist was the one that pointed us in the right direction.  The care has just begun.  It is all covered by a grant.  No money out of our pockets... .I am not sure that will include medicine or not.  The psychiatrist is suppose to be one of the best in the country for BPD.  However, she will be doing a SKYPE with her.  My daughter will have a whole team of people for her care.  Help for school, help for home, help with the police if that happens.  They will have a team of people to help calm down a situation in the evening from 5 - 10 which there are plans to expand that survive.  THe councilor comes to our home one or two times a week for therapy.  Starting in mid-January there will be a DBT group every thursday night which my daughter will attend .  I am hoping it is the answer we have prayed for so many months.  I also have bought her dbt work books to help her and I am reading Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder and doing the work book.  the next book I will be reading is

I Hate You--Don't Leave Me: Understanding the Borderline Personality .  I am doing everything i know how to regain peace in my family... .Most days I just cry... .but I hope that begins to change as she begins to see changes in her life.  I also am going to a therapist and a psychiatrist to help me.  I just would like one night or day where I am not crying.  I have to say this is one of the most difficult things I have ever encountered.  I feel like it is putting a wedge between me and my husband.  I am so depressed i just want to do nothing.    I am investing a lot of hope on this therapy.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest