Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 09:14:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 344 times)
hibye

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 08, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »

The last 3 months my xBpd has moved in with my replacement near where i live. I bumped into her on a big street. She was going up - me down on opposite sidewalks. She saw me from around 30m distance and came into mine. Then i did the opposite and went to the other sidewalk. I didnt want to come face to face with her. I dont forget all the bad things she has done and i wanted to show her that im not interested in talking not even saying hi. I think that she would try to hug me, open a conversation and maybe trying to manipulate me. I feel relieved with my desicion.

What would you do?

Thanks in advance

adventurer

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 02:13:36 PM »

I would probably have an anxiety panic, be afraid to walk across to the other sidewalk because I would feel like that would make me look weak or appear to be a bad person. I would be nervous to set such an obvious boundary of complete avoidance with another person.

But I think these are all negative co-dependent traits which I'm continuing to work to eliminate.  Smiling (click to insert in post)
enlighten me

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 02:33:41 PM »

I have a son with my exgf so I have to see her. That said early on I had my son for the day and went into town with him. I saw my ex walking towards me. She hadn't seen me and I panicked. I thought of ducking in a shop before she saw me. Instead I carried on walking and said hello to her and let her say hello to our son.

It wasn't pleasant. I was quite shaken up by it and in a way felt violated. Now though I don't worry about seeing my ex. I don't know if it was purely time that's done this but I personally think all my interactions have desensitised me. NC is very useful but if you have to have dealings with them then theres a lot to be said for desensitising yourself when you feel up to it.

Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »

Hi hibye,

I have kids with my ex partner too and I have to see her on switch on / switch off days and things were emotionally raw after the break-up and I was suffering from PTSD symptoms.

I found I was triggered with high anxiety and hyper-vigilance before, during and after the times I had to exchange the kids. I completely understand why you didn't want to come face to face with your ex on a big street.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
lovenature

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 08:18:10 PM »

My ex lives across the street and refuses to leave me alone, NC on my end has worked for me to a point; I inevitably hear and see her, I desperately want to reach indifference to her. I agree with enlighten me; for us who can't have 100% NC, I think if we can desensitize it will help to detach and heal.

I had 5 months of no face to face with my ex, when one night she walked over and surprised me; she acted like we just saw each other a few days prior, and her behaviour had only gotten worse. I felt better for a short time; seeing her after learning about BPD, showed me just how much FOG I was in. Didn't take long before I was letting her in again; mistake every time!

I don't look at her property because it hurts too much from what we both showed each other in our relationship. I try to ignore her and not give her the attention she wants, like you; I don't even want to say hi. I have tried some LC recently, but didn't go well.

Good decision on your part to do what you felt was best for you.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest