Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 01:54:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone?  (Read 407 times)
kennumber777

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 18, 2012, 07:34:21 PM »

Hey gang.

It's been a while. I'm doing great... .back into music, back to just being ME!

I got a question. Does anybody have a great story to tell about their pwBPD actually getting BETTER? Does that actually exist? Just curious... .
dah1029
AKA trauma1962

Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:37:25 PM »

I'd be interested in that answer too.
LWittgenstein

Relationship status: Single - living apart from ex BPD

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 07:38:11 PM »

*crickets*

It seems like BPD's don't get better in a codependent relationship and the only way to leave them correctly is through a no-contact policy - so there might actually be a problem with us actually knowing if are BPD's are doing any better... .

I often wonder about my exgfBPD- I hope she is doing well but somehow I really doubt it - she is probably sucking the life out of someone else.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 07:53:47 PM »

ive got one, with strong BPD traits that is the only one im not totally certain is a borderline. she had basically all of the symptoms, including a history of attempting suicide. parental issues. i dunno... .i feel like she had a fairly stable sense of self, though. she mirrored... .but i dont feel like it was any more over the top than a normal person does in a relationship. some of thats quite natural. the thing that makes it REALLY hard for me to ignore, is how it evolved. when she was at my house, in my bed with me, cuddling, and she seriously could not contain herself. she was writhing, shaking. shed look in my eyes and repeatedly tell me how hard she was falling for me. but the thing that glared at me, and made me uncomfortable, is that her eyes were glazed over. it was like nothing id seen before.

fast forward to the ex that led me here, and i saw THE VERY SAME THING, even literally using some of the same words and phrases as the last. but it was those glazed eyes. i was made even more uncomfortable this time.

ive read about this whole "eye thing" several times, so i cannot overlook it. what i do know, is things seem to be genuinely going VERY well for her. she dumped me for the guy she... .cheated on, and left for another guy. then she cheated on him again, and they broke up. ever since then, she has been in a relationship. i know precisely what kind of illusions borderlines can display, and i also consider myself highly intuitive. its been about 6 years now. they have appeared to be happy and stable for the entire time. her life is active, shes done a ton of travelling, and her job revolves around her passions. i think perhaps most importantly, she repaired her relationship with her father, who had left her family. spent a ton of time with him. so no, i honestly believe what i see. i have had no feelings for her for years, so i have no reason not to. i just dont think ill ever decide. there were so many hallmarks of BPD. SO many. getting sick, and emerging from that sickness a new person with no feelings for me. SO childish and childlike. a permiscuous tendency. i just cant decide for certain. not sure i ever will. but i do know shes the only one who at this point, i can genuinely wish well.

ps. if shes a borderline, shes fairly different from the others ive known, and would fit more of a waify type. no raging whatsoever. i was only with her for three months, but i also never saw any of the passive aggressive, or silent treatment type behavior from her that others report about waifs.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 05:16:09 AM »

Marsha Linehan, who created DBT is a Borderline.

":)uring a speech at the Institute of Living in Hartford, Connecticut on June 17, 2011, Dr. Linehan disclosed that she suffered from borderline personality disorder.[3] In an article published at the New York Times website on June 23, 2011,[4] she disclosed her own history of self-harm and multiple suicide attempts, as well as her own efforts through therapy to recover from the disorder and live a healthy, productive life."

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsha_M._Linehan
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest