Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 10:58:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I will never give up  (Read 748 times)
beachtalks

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 06, 2013, 11:50:24 PM »

In the book The Five Love Languages, I cannot decide which my husband speaks: (spending time together, words of affection, physical displays of affection, gifts, and acts of service.)  I honestly think he is a bit of all five, and when I asked him he agreed. 

But doing/being all five for him is leaving me no time for myself.  

I have so little time for myself that my own love language has become acts of service, because this then gives me an opportunity for time to myself.  My identity has in some ways shifted because of this marriage.  But just in the small ways.  The core parts of me have actually strengthened, which is why I will never give up.   

Since I've been with my BPDh I have become more honest, expressive, think outside the box-ish, brave, giving, creative, focused, and sincere--things I value.  As high maintenance as he is, I adore his passion and honesty and... .  yes... .  intensity.  I love that he demands ALL FIVE love languages from me. He is fantastic and hopefully I will become as demanding as him someday. Because life is short and passion is fun.   Smiling (click to insert in post)

I am going to start demanding more from him, starting now.   Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)  :
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

waverider
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:50:05 AM »

These relationships certainly put us under the microscope, and raise our own bar just to survive.

I have had more than one person tell me I have become a more mature and mindful person in my outlook, without them knowing why.

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Chosen

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 01:53:36 AM »

Smiling (click to insert in post)

beachtalks, your post warms my heart.

I think that ever since I've been with my uBPDh, I have started learning to love, and to forgive and be more mature as well.  Even though H will never see it that way, and I doubt he would ever see any change in me, I have had people say encouraging things about me.

It's posts like yours that keep me going when I'm feeling down and unappreciated- sometimes we have to look inward instead of outward.

Thanks.

beachtalks

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:52:40 AM »

Thanks for the responses, you guys.  My BPDh actually hung up on me tonight, his last words being "I just love you and want my wife back (meaning me)," as though I am the one on a mood trip and he is the one trying to weather out the storm.

Tomorrow morning he will call and one of us will have to apologize.  And in many ways, what difference does it really make whose fault it is or who takes responsibility?  When there are problems in a relationship, both people suffer.  My ego no longer cares who wins the little battles.  I'll just refuse to fight and remind him of my love and hopefully he will come to believe in my love again (it's a cycle).  And it's all part of who he is. 

Isn't it amazing how much altruism, buddhism, and Christianity can manifest through trying times?  We learn to be selfless and generous in ways we never would have, because of this love.  On our death bed, what will really matter?

For me, I will just be glad to have spent my days with him, fighting or not.  No one ever said love was easy, and being easy doesn't make it more right.  Love is love, whether pretty or ugly, and I'm hangin' in.
Chosen

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 12:37:05 AM »

We learn to be selfless and generous in ways we never would have, because of this love.  On our death bed, what will really matter?

For me, I will just be glad to have spent my days with him, fighting or not.  No one ever said love was easy, and being easy doesn't make it more right.  Love is love, whether pretty or ugly, and I'm hangin' in.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Well said.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest