Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 05:51:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NC ... to much pain  (Read 389 times)
va12

« on: February 18, 2013, 02:04:58 PM »

I just want to figure out how to stop the pain. It's unbearable. I can't sleep, my heart is racing and i feel like i'm going to have a heart attack. I know that relationship is over. But i don't know how to cope. I can't make myself do anything productive. He was love of my life and we were talking about engagement in a future. I was that hurt only once before with my first boyfriend 10 years ago. I was not able to love that strong since. I feel like i'm that girl again 10 years ago.

My family is far away, i can't go see them for support.  I feel alone. Lets not forget that part of dating someone with BPD is isolation- i don't have facebook account anymore, i lost my network of friends- i have only 2 left and one of them is far away... .  

Scott44

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »

Is there someone you can telephone or write emails to who might understand?  I am also very isolated after my marriage to a pwBPD.  That's why I post here. 
trouble11

Relationship status: Broke up for the last time in October 2012

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 02:26:31 PM »

Va12,  I wish there was an easy answer or something I could say to make you feel better.  The truth is sometimes you just have to feel it. I was in the exact same place just a couple of months ago and still hurt some.  Stay here with us.     How long has it been since the break up? 
Tormenta

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »

You have support here. Keep on writing if you feel better.

Be strong because that will pass, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Little by little you can open your FB account, visit your family, meet people in a course or find friends, adopt a pet, etc, little by little when you get ready. Meanwhile, a hug!  

va12

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »

I did reach out to what left of my friends. But you know how everyone is busy... .  Plus during my relationship with BPD i spend all my free time with him. It's like he took away all the people who loved me and replaced them with himself. That is why i feel so horrible now... .  

I'm glad i have this board... .  huge huge help

I'm sorry you are isolated too... .  

va12

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »

You have support here. Keep on writing if you feel better.

Be strong because that will pass, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Little by little you can open your FB account, visit your family, meet people in a course or find friends, adopt a pet, etc, little by little when you get ready. Meanwhile, a hug!  

thank you so much to all of you. It's comforting to know i'm not the only one. You give me hope...
dharmagems

Relationship status: divorcing

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 02:35:19 PM »

I completely know what you are going through.  I am going through the same thing.  I am feeling very isolated going through a divorce with my exhBPD.  I have family in the area but they don't really understand how to say the right words to help me with the depth of pain of letting go of this relationship. They get annoyed at me for being 'whiny' and say 'you can find other relationships'.  I don't really go to them for support.  

I also tried a CODA group, and it's ok, though not too successful in helping me with feeling like i have friends.  In a couple of months when I could, I am going to move closer to the metropolitan city.  I am feeling that it can help me have more groups to belong to and feel like I am normal again.

I know, it's really hard, I felt shaky and can't breathe all last year when I was plotting all of this.  I was panicking everyday.  Now since my divorce papers are in order, I still feel very scared to exist without my exhBPD because we did everything together and I isolated myself.  

But---I am taking day by day and am trying to get out there again and do the best I can.  This board helps soo much.  It is really my savior.  Please take care of your anxieties and worries.  You are not alone.  We are here knowing what you're going through and surviving with you.

va12

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:39:45 PM »

Va12,  I wish there was an easy answer or something I could say to make you feel better.  The truth is sometimes you just have to feel it. I was in the exact same place just a couple of months ago and still hurt some.  Stay here with us.     How long has it been since the break up? 

only a week since break up. but it feels like a month of hell. NC at all... Only one e-mail where he was painting me black... .  He said i was dead to him...

May be i'm dead, part of my died for sure...

Hugs back. thank you for support

va12

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 02:49:46 PM »

I completely know what you are going through.  I am going through the same thing.  I am feeling very isolated going through a divorce with my exhBPD.  I have family in the area but they don't really understand how to say the right words to help me with the depth of pain of letting go of this relationship. They get annoyed at me for being 'whiny' and say 'you can find other relationships'.  I don't really go to them for support.  

I also tried a CODA group, and it's ok, though not too successful in helping me with feeling like i have friends.  In a couple of months when I could, I am going to move closer to the metropolitan city.  I am feeling that it can help me have more groups to belong to and feel like I am normal again.

I know, it's really hard, I felt shaky and can't breathe all last year when I was plotting all of this.  I was panicking everyday.  Now since my divorce papers are in order, I still feel very scared to exist without my exhBPD because we did everything together and I isolated myself.  

But---I am taking day by day and am trying to get out there again and do the best I can.  This board helps soo much.  It is really my savior.  Please take care of your anxieties and worries.  You are not alone.  We are here knowing what you're going through and surviving with you.

thank you! this board is helping me more then my friends... they just can't understand the emotional hell i'm going trough. People here are much better help! Also i think part of me is embarrassed to admit to my friends that i was in abusive relationship, i even defended him and told my friends he was never controlling. I'm such strong, independent person, i usually give advise to other people to not settle for abuse, but somehow i ended up falling in love with controlling guy.   
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest