Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 01:50:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting to miss her  (Read 379 times)
ZigofZag

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married & Living apart

« on: June 24, 2013, 05:12:42 AM »

Help,

I have been in a relationship for over six years. She was violent towards herself and me.

Been separated for four months now, only contact with her is to arrange contact for me to see our small child (7 month old daughter)

I am starting to feel lonely and find myself remembering the good times.

I need to break through and was not expecting this feeling at this stage.
MarcinN7

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 06:04:07 AM »

Try this.

Take a piece of paper.

Divide it into two columns.

One the left start writing out all the bad things she has done, and everything she upsets you with.

Ont the right side write down everything she has/was doing that was nice/good for you, that you liked.

Don`t write about sex and looks. Everyone can have sex and there are over 6 bilion people on this planet. You can find someone sexier and better looking.
xenia

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 07:48:50 AM »

It's okay to miss her. It's important to feel all your feelings, even the ones you think you shouldn't have.
Validation78

Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 09:30:06 AM »

Hey Zig!

The stage you are at is is difficult and since you can't go NC, you will have to find a way to incorporate her into your life without setting yourself up to be hurt. It is OK to feel the way you do, and completely normal. Additionally, feelings will arise when we least expect them. Allow yourself to feel whatever it is you are feeling, and don't be too hard on yourself!

When I found myself thinking of something good about my ex, I quickly replaced the thought with something bad. If that didn't work, I said a prayer, over and over to distract myself. Before long, the habit was automatic, and now, I have very few good thoughts of him. I have good thoughts of my life without him!

Best Wishes,

Val78
ZigofZag

Relationship status: Married & Living apart

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:53:59 AM »

Thanks for the advice,

I have taken it on board and completed my lists and trying to change my recall when thinking of the "good" times. It is clear when written down that it was a corrosive relationship.

As I walk around the house I can see the damaged doors, the broken kitchen units and the need for a complete redecoration with new carpets. I have also started to put up printed reminders. My favourite one at the moment is “sometimes all you need to do is forget what you feel and remember what you deserve”. I have that one on the toilet door!

I guess that I am just feeling lonely and coming to terms with the fact that all my dreams, plans, and hopes for the future have gone. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest