Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 07:17:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much are her actions "BPD" and how much are "choice"?  (Read 739 times)
TakeFlight

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »

OK so, two lines from BPD women I have dated:

"I try to mind ___ my boyfriends"

"If we ever broke up, I feel like I would have to make you hate me" (there was no just "breaking up" to her)

I think we should all rememeber that underneath these PD, these people have generic personalities as well. They are simply magnified by the manifestation of the PD. SO, rememebr that there are good ppl in this world and there are bad ppl. Some of them are BPD, some are not. So theres a good chacne alot of us got involved with partners who less the BPD, probably would have been pretty crumby people anyways. For others, there may have been some decent personalities under all the BPD.

But at the end of the day, yes they are certaintly at times aware of when they are hurting people, and may even plan it (and state it to you!) in advance.

My thoughts... .

Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »

I get your point TakeFlight - a little B&W - Borderlines are not all bad or all good  although granted they paint us as either or... . we are however not Borderline - my ex was good and bad - that was who he was... . its tempting to want to split them because we hurt.

Iamdizzy

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2013, 10:04:27 PM »

I agree with you clear mind, we should not split them black because they were not always bad but I guess we have that tendency because when it was bad it was hell.

After reading the many posts nd thinking about it, I've changed my mind to think that maybe they do know their behavior but its uncontrollable, something they can't hold in, like a full bladder Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) I don't know. This is all a whirlwind of confusion.
Want2know
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2013, 04:12:18 AM »

Staff only

This thread has been locked, as it has reached the 4 page limit.  Thank you all for your responses. 

If you have any questions, please contact a staff member.

“The path to heaven doesn't lie down in flat miles. It's in the imagination with which you perceive this world, and the gestures with which you honor it." ~ Mary Oliver
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest