Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 08:55:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd better assemble the 'Home Guard'  (Read 577 times)
Moonie75

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 06:22:16 AM »

OMG the world spins quick! I had to drop a bill off with a customer who works in a cafe this morning. (I've never been to this cafe before). It's on the fringes of a huge lawned area outside the cathedral. There's a path running down the edge of the lawn to the cafe.

I saw her (quite a distance away) sat on a bench with a take away coffee. She was sat side ways on to the path I walked & don't think she saw me.

She doesn't know the person I was calling to see in the cafe so she had no way of 'putting herself there'.

I'm sure it was a pure chance sighting. I couldn't believe the timing of it, I haven't seen her anywhere since we split.

Disappointingly, she looked very well & nicely turned out. It made me feel quite shaky & got that butterfly feeling in my stomach. Once inside the cafe I found myself trying to keep conversation running with the customer for as long as possible because I didn't want to go back outside. (I'll bet the customer thinks I've got a thing for her now!  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)).

When I finally mustered up the courage to leave the safety of the cafe again, armed with a very hot latte in-case she tried anything dodgy (I figured steamed milk is a considerable weapon against a woman who's precious about her hair & make up), she was nowhere to be seen!

Joking aside, it really put the willies up me! I felt every emotion a man can experience, but with the confusion of feeling them all at the same time. Quite unpleasant!

Then an hour later, get 'withheld' call to my mobile. It only rang three times & had stopped by the time I got it out of my pocket. I'm convinced she didn't see me & the call could've been anyone withholding the number. But The timing seems odd. Maybe she didn't see me but coincidentally called me just now? Maybe she did see me but wasn't her calling? Maybe she saw me & was calling?

MAYBE MY HEADS GOING?

Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 07:14:24 AM »

Moonie your head is not going. You have put yourself on high alert. You are panicking.

This is a set up and you're doing the setting up. Adrenalin is pumping, keeping yourself in this mode is hard on you. A good way to combat this is exercise, tire yourself out, it helps release this extra energy. This will help you center and calm yourself.

See? You got a call and didn't answer it. That's you in control of you. Good job! No one has control over you unless you give them that control.

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
Moonie75

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 07:27:30 AM »

Adrenalin was pumping when I saw her yes. Emotions in me went into overdrive, which I am okay with as I expect that to be normal at the moment. I was okay again after realizing she wasn't there anymore. But while I was in the cafe, wondering if she'd seen me enter & was about to come in, yes I was panicking then.

Was doing well & happy with my progress till I heard her new romance had caved in. Then seeing her the day after finding out hasn't helped me regroup my emotions.

I'm sure by tonight I'll be calm again (assuming the 'withheld' calls stop).

I expected all this nonsense, but not this soon. And not before I was better ready & more progressed with my detachment.
Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 07:38:00 AM »

Like you said, you don't know who that was. If it was her, and if the calls continue, they will eventually stop if left unanswered. If you have decided on moving on then for right now NC is a good way to go... it's for you... to help you gain back a footing on your emotions.

This is taking care of you.

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
Learning_curve74

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 02:31:17 PM »

See? You got a call and didn't answer it. That's you in control of you. Good job!

Hey Moonie, life is unpredictable, but your actions don't have to be. +1 on the Good job!  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest