Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 06:21:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: His daughter is threatening suicide  (Read 523 times)
MaybeSo
Distinguished Member

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Together five years, ended suddenly June 2011

Players only love you when they're playing...

« on: September 15, 2013, 10:31:20 PM »

Ex's daughter, 17, has been struggling with some kind of mood disorder and having behavioral issues. Seriously joined at the hip with her older boyfriend over the last year,  and that all blew up last weekend with some altercation at her moms home involving the bf... .police were called, etc. She left with the bf and stayed at his house for a week, then agreed to spend the weekend with her father, my ex. They came by for about 5 minutes this afternoon to drop something off, she was grumpy but was fine. Let me hug her.

Tonight she was talking with my ex and her mother, and threatened suicide 3x and is both tearful and enraged, hates both of them, doesn't want to live, saying she wants to hang herself.

He called and asked what to do. I told him to take her to the ER or call 911 if she won't go.

Dad and daughter are so much alike.

One minutes she's up, the next she's down.

I hate this disorder.

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

patientandclear

Relationship status: single

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:03:05 AM »

MaybeSo,  .  So sorry. It's hard to watch kids grow up, absorb what's going on with their parents and play it out.  I know you've been a safe, principled base for her -- I'm sure that has mattered a great deal.

eeyore

Relationship status: in a relationship

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 05:34:24 AM »

Sorry I didn't see your post until now.   

I hate the illness also.  Did he end up taking her to the hospital?  How are you doing?  It's easy to go into rescuer mode.  But as we know the illness is bigger than us. 
MaybeSo
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: Together five years, ended suddenly June 2011

Players only love you when they're playing...

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 08:51:10 AM »

He took her to the ER, she was raging and threatening to hang herself at home, of course she toned it way down with ER staff, but was still agitated.

The ER doc called county MH to do an assessment. They didn't even come to the ER to see her, just spoke to ER doc and said she can go home with a parent.

She has history of depression and anxiety, picks at her face incessantly (acne that she picks until it bleeds) , is off her medication, and they just send her home with mom anyway. No observation, no holds, no written scrip requiring parents have her seen by psych doc or therapist, nothing.

They live in one of the most affluent communities in the world, and this is the MH care that's provided.

Oh... .mom says to ex... .there's nothing wrong with her... .she's just like YOU... Huh? Mom has indicated he's got mental problems for years now... And clearly her daughter does too, but there's nothing wrong with her?

the whole family is nuts in my opinion.

I'm dumbfounded.

The mom has been in denial for years that nothing is wrong... ERs attitude just reinforced moms attitude.

Anyhow... .it's out of my hands.

She is nearly 18... .it's going to be out of their hands, too,  very shortly.

eeyore

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:18:39 AM »

Sounds like Mom knows.  She is trying to get others to take the responsibility because she knows the daughter is just like her father. 
briefcase
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married 18 years, together 20 years, still living together

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 03:56:51 PM »

What a sad situation.  Maybe he can get her back on some meds or at least get her to see her T.  However it happens, I hope she gets some help. 

eeyore

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »

I will say a special prayer for you this evening related to her.  So it begs the question MaybeSo, how are you doing dealing with all of this?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest