Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 08:38:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nose hair and idealization  (Read 348 times)
KE151

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 02, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »

We've all been told by our BPDexes how good looking, smart, professional, creative, good in bed etc etc we are, haven't we.

The weirdest and now funniest idealization my exBPDgf1 told me was:

"KE, you're awesome, and you're such a great man because you trim your nose hair. You have no idea how much I appreciate that you do that. I love you so much!"

Well, her comment made me a bit uncomfortable at the time but as the discussion about my nose hair popped into my mind today, all I could do was laugh as it's so bizarre. Everything about me was just beyond perfect in the beginning... .funny and scary.
fiddlestix

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 02:51:38 PM »

"You are so generous!"  "I love your body!"  "You do that so well... ."  My dBPD ex wife made me feel like Superman.  She let me read a journal entry once in which she praised me because "... .he never hits me." 

Fast forward several years:

"You sneeze too loud!"  "I don't like your hairy chest."  "I hate the sound of your laugh!"  "You act like an old man... ."   Yada yada yada... . 

Welcome to the joys of loving a borderline disordered person. 

I act like an "old man?"  In my defense, I still have almost the same body (and most of the hair) I had when I was 24 (I am 47 now).  I run, lift, bike... .  On the other hand, she smokes so heavily she can barely walk a flight of steps without gasping.  Projection of her crappy self image onto me! 

KE, is she still idealizing you?  Or has the devaluing begun? 

Fiddlestix
Blade99d

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »

Oh my god this is classic... .my ex used to tell me my go-tee was just slightly crooked.  I told her no one has ever said that to me, her reply was only a true friend will tell you that. 
Reg

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 03:35:12 PM »

KE151 and Blade99d

Were we dating the same person ?  Mine said as good as exactly the same line to me on both subjects  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

O bugger !  Smiling (click to insert in post)
WalrusGumboot

Relationship status: My divorce was final in April, 2012.

Two years out and getting better all the time!

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:27:27 PM »

"You act like an old man... ."  

LOL. I hated this one. Add to that "You dress like an old man". Most clothes I owned, she bought me.

I bought a pair of white sneakers once, with a colored stripe down the side. They became my "geriatric" shoes, according to her. She decided to buy me replacement sneakers. They were something that a teenager with a skateboard would wear. Our son commented that they would look appropriate for a Power Ranger  Smiling (click to insert in post) Then the exBPDw changed her tune and started teasing my about my Power Ranger shoes. Bleh! I decided to use them to cut the grass in and do yard work.

I thought my geriatric shoes looked really nice... .

"If your're going through hell, keep going..." Winston Churchill
human101

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 08:51:53 AM »

My exBPDgf told me "I love the way you snore!"

And one night after she unexpectedly came back to my place for the night, and saw my bathroom in a mess, she told me, how much she adored me and my mess and she would be so happy to clean up after me.

Plus all the other flattery on a daily basis:

My body is on fire, you're the best lover I've ever had

None else has ever made me feel like you do in bed

You are such a decent and good person

You are very intelligent, I didn't realize how much you knew about current affairs

You look like a Botticelli angel when you sleep

I knew when. I read your on line profile that we would be together one day

I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you (after week 9)

Needless to say, in the blink of an eye, I was untrustworthy, had issues from my past that were ruining our relationship, made her feel invisible, cared about my ex girlfriend/friends/business more than her, neglected her and traumatized her,   and so forth and so on.

KE151

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »

KE, is she still idealizing you?  Or has the devaluing begun?  

Fiddlestix

Hi fiddlestix,

She's gone (but unfortunately not forgotten :-)) ) since Feb 2012. The devaluing started in earnest at the second hickup at about 2 mos in. That was followed by idealization which again turned into devaluing, you know the script. Idealization got more moderate and the devaluing more extreme as time progressed. She still attempts recycles via email and texts about once a month where she again tries to idealize me.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest