Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 02:00:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blocking her phone.  (Read 468 times)
Eric1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 18, 2013, 04:18:20 AM »

Should I tell her that i'll be blocking her number? I can't trust that she'll not break no contact. I don't want to be completly ignorant as I do care about her.
Aussie0zborn

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 07:44:46 AM »

And I care about you so my answer is no. Don't tell her, just do it. Do it for yourself.
HarmKrakow

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:55:58 AM »

Should you tell a drug addict that you locked his box of drugs?

Should you tell a liar that you don't want to talk anymore to that person because you don't trust him?

Etc...

No of course not.

Ironmanrises

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 08:26:11 AM »

Eric... .

If you dont block her phone... .

Then you must ensure... .

That when she... .

Reaches out to you... .

Again... .

Because she will... .

You know this... .

You must resist the urge... .

To respond... .

In any form.

That is to protect you from her.

That is to protect you... .

From yourself.

As well.

ThanksForPlaying

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:06:25 AM »

Phone blocking adds a lot more variables to the BPD stuff.  It gives them more things to manipulate... .telling someone you are blocking, actually blocking, threatening to block, offering to unblock, etc.

I got blocked and didn't know it because there was no cause to block me. We were saying "I love you" a day before the blocking. Then I sent a different kind of text asking "did you block me?"  And the reply was "I blocked you for a reason ... .stop stalking me ... ." and some other evil stuff.  Which is funny because it makes me feel like I'm the crazy one... .maybe I am the crazy stalker? Feeling like I might be the one with BPD - it's amazing the ways they can find to twist the whole situation.

One of my best "reality checks" is to look at who went from Love to Hate in a day.  Most people have to go through Love, Less Love, Like, Friendship, Dislike, Anger, then Hate.  But the BPD can go from one extreme to the other without passing through the rest.

Her reality right now: "We hate each other and he keeps trying to text me, what a psycho"

My reality: "We loved each other two days ago and I missed the part where we hate each other or broke up, so I'm just sending a text to say hi"

So with that ... .gotta go NC ... .the reason it feels crazy is because NC is not a normal behavior, it's a BPD behavior (silent treatment).  NC is unfortunately the only way to protect ourselves from this stuff, so it drags us into the craziness in a way.

I've had relationships where we broke up, remained friends, still talked every once in a while ... .so I know the normal stuff is possible.
Ironmanrises

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 10:01:49 AM »

Phone blocking adds a lot more variables to the BPD stuff.  It gives them more things to manipulate... .telling someone you are blocking, actually blocking, threatening to block, offering to unblock, etc.

I got blocked and didn't know it because there was no cause to block me. We were saying "I love you" a day before the blocking. Then I sent a different kind of text asking "did you block me?"  And the reply was "I blocked you for a reason ... .stop stalking me ... ." and some other evil stuff.  Which is funny because it makes me feel like I'm the crazy one... .maybe I am the crazy stalker? Feeling like I might be the one with BPD - it's amazing the ways they can find to twist the whole situation.

One of my best "reality checks" is to look at who went from Love to Hate in a day.  Most people have to go through Love, Less Love, Like, Friendship, Dislike, Anger, then Hate.  But the BPD can go from one extreme to the other without passing through the rest.

Her reality right now: "We hate each other and he keeps trying to text me, what a psycho"

My reality: "We loved each other two days ago and I missed the part where we hate each other or broke up, so I'm just sending a text to say hi"

So with that ... .gotta go NC ... .the reason it feels crazy is because NC is not a normal behavior, it's a BPD behavior (silent treatment).  NC is unfortunately the only way to protect ourselves from this stuff, so it drags us into the craziness in a way.

I've had relationships where we broke up, remained friends, still talked every once in a while ... .so I know the normal stuff is possible.

I am sorry you experienced that.

It is hurtful beyond.

In bold.

NC is not silent treatment.

Silent treatment is passive aggressive behavior... .

Designed to manipulate and hurt... .

Aimed specifically at the person... .

It is being done to... .

(The non)... .

It is a form of emotional abuse... .

That is not normal behavior.

NC is a last ditch measure... .

Done to try and give... .

The person that is being hurt... .

In such an abusive way... .

Space and time... .

To heal... .

Away from the corrosive effects... .

Of the abuser.

It is a wall to protect the non.

Hang in there.

NC will help you.
Eric1

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 02:24:17 PM »

I can't download the new iPhone iOS 7, so I can't block her.

I'm sticking to no contact. Starting to feel much better, still think about her and miss her. However, I can't change anything. The only thing I can change is me. So, I'm living in the here and now.
Eric1

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »

And as soon as I start feeling good, my mind wanders and I ruminate on our relationship and what she's doing now.

Now I bloody miss her.
HarmKrakow

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 06:09:31 PM »

And as soon as I start feeling good, my mind wanders and I ruminate on our relationship and what she's doing now.

Now I bloody miss her.

You don't miss her. You miss what she projected on to you. You miss the love, which you gave her, and she projected that back on you. Basically you are missing what you gave yourself to begin with.

I know, i know, I know, you don't feel it that way and you put all those feelings around the physical existence of your ex. But i'm 100% sure (I know i'm pushing it here... ) You don't miss her. You miss something completely else. And I hope you will realize that Smiling (click to insert in post)
Aussie0zborn

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 06:23:37 PM »

You don't miss her. You miss what she projected on to you. You miss the love, which you gave her, and she projected that back on you. Basically you are missing what you gave yourself to begin with.

I know, i know, I know, you don't feel it that way and you put all those feelings around the physical existence of your ex. But i'm 100% sure (I know i'm pushing it here... ) You don't miss her. You miss something completely else. And I hope you will realize that Smiling (click to insert in post)
[/quote]
Quote Of The Year!
Aussie0zborn

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »

Quote Of The Year!
Perfidy

Relationship status: Divorced/18 years Single/5 months that I know of.

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 07:26:13 PM »

Just block it and forget about it. My best advice from my own experience. No fanfare no bones... .Unceremoniously block her. I found my head in my butt because I didn't do this simple thing. The digital age and personal electronics add a whole other dimension to breaking up. Almost like extensions of our being. I'm not greatly fond of it.
peas

Relationship status: single

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »

One of my best "reality checks" is to look at who went from Love to Hate in a day. 

Truth! A misunderstanding and he'd block me on his cell phone for days. He also made sure to block me on social media. Like I was some kind of monster. And you are so correct about their reality vs our reality: very far apart.

And Eric, regarding this:

Should I tell her that i'll be blocking her number? I can't trust that she'll not break no contact. I don't want to be completly ignorant as I do care about her.

You are fishing for reasons to contact her. Don't tell her you will be stopping her, just do it. She'll get the hint.
Eric1

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 06:19:40 AM »

I can't block the number as i can't download ios 7.

I'm trying to block my mind from thinking about her & keeping busy, but it's not working.

I think i'm now accepting that we will never be anything again, which is what hits home.

Maybe when i've found someone & with time i'll look back and laugh. But, at this moment, i do miss her.
Accepting

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 06:30:16 AM »

I'm trying to block my mind from thinking about her & keeping busy, but it's not working.

I think i'm now accepting that we will never be anything again, which is what hits home.

Maybe when i've found someone & with time i'll look back and laugh. But, at this moment, i do miss her.

Yeppa... .I'm struggling too atm. Night time is worse or times where you're not busy or preoccupied. Just climbing in to bed hoping for solace in sleep. I won't think about him whilst sleeping then a fresh day keeping busy should keep the ruminating monster more safely at bay.
HarmKrakow

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 06:36:12 AM »

Finding someone will not help getting over a previous one.

Finding yourself will.

Why did you get into this relationship?

Why did you ignore the red flags?

Why did you keep entangled within this relationship after red flag 2513?

This can all, probably will all trace back to earlier problems surrounding you in the past and your BPD ex shed light on your issues.
Ironmanrises

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 07:10:41 AM »

Finding someone will not help getting over a previous one.

Finding yourself will.

Why did you get into this relationship?

Why did you ignore the red flags?

Why did you keep entangled within this relationship after red flag 2513?

This can all, probably will all trace back to earlier problems surrounding you in the past and your BPD ex shed light on your issues.

In bold.

Spot on Harm.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest