Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 07:00:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Started therapy for my children today  (Read 378 times)
MissyM

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 16, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »

The therapist immediately picked up on my son's lack of boundaries.  My dBPDh uses my son for emotional gratification and pushes boundaries with him. He is overly affectionate, even though it really isn't appropriate.  I knew this was true but to have a professional tell me, was still upsetting.  She also pointed out that my son told her how my husband attacked me and then said, no it didn't happen.  He is grappling with his father's inappropriate behavior, I also knew this was true but it is heartbreaking to hear a professional tell me.  My daughter will go next week, I know that the kids need the outside support.  It just makes me feel more like my husband needs to stay away from the kids.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

bpbreakout

Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:00:09 AM »

Good luck with it. I started my daughter with a therapist when she was 9. Now she is a teenager she really needs the outside input to help deal with her Mum's constant criticism. Hopefully when D15 grows up and if she does have any childhood issue that cause her problems, it will be a bridge for her if she ever needs to work through anything.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
MissyM

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 08:15:07 AM »

Thanks, bpbreakout.  My kids just turned 9.  Hoping this, combined with me having better boundaries with their father, will help them overcome these issues.  My kids have no problems at school or with friends, I just want to make sure that they don't develop into big issues as they get older.  How is yours doing as a teen?  Seems that is when some of my kids issues would start to really show.
bpbreakout

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 12:08:20 AM »

Hi MissyM maybe worth checking some of my other posts about life with teen and BPDw to give you a flavour of what it's been like for us - frankly not easy at the moment. Someone said to me something to the effect that when teens are playing up is when the grown-ups need to be at their most grown up so I really feel like I have a lot to deal with at the moment and sadly I don't feel supported by BPDw. However, I do get get good support from FOO, a therapist and close friends to a degree, couldn't possibly do it on my own.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest