Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 07:45:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you be doing this weekend?  (Read 552 times)
Banshee

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »

Excerpt
I was having a middle kind of day. Grateful for a rare day of not having to fight my nerves. Yet still missing the joy that was once my life.

Isn't amazing how strong we should be ? But yet feel so weak ? I lost my son in 2012 he was 25 and I have to say I thought after that there could be nothing I couldn't get through... . until this relationship.

That shows how deep and painful these r/s can actually be and it's a dam shame ... really.

TitaniumPhoebe

Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »

I would be worrying about his moods but enjoying that he works during the day on Saturday so I could relax a little. I work a lot at home so that would be the same but it's much more relaxing with out the BPD in the next room brooding. Or if we did go out, I'd be worrying the whole time he would drink too much and act like an ass or that he'd demand sex I wouldn't want to have and be a jerk about it.  Now I can just enjoy peace on the weekend and do whatever I want, which is mostly relax with my dogs. 
lemon flower

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2014, 02:28:51 AM »

Or if we did go out, I'd be worrying the whole time he would drink too much and act like an ass

exactly... . one of the reasons I am now hesitating to go out and meet up with the people I used to see before is because allready during my r/s with my BP we gradually stopped going out: I didn't feel welcome with his group of "friends" and he hesitated to take me there and vice versa... . I once took him to a wedding of a couple of friends and it was so embarrasing how he was constantly running to the bar for more drinks and how he became more and more drunk and started conversations with people without noticing how awkward it was to them... .

and when I took him to a concert of my favourite dance-group he was just standing there, bored, and then began to complain how tired he was and went sleeping in the car... . well, that was big fun wasn't it  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

in the end the only crew where I felt quite relaxed to take him to were my close family: my mum and brothers and sister,  because they are all very tolerant people and they take me and my "strange" boyfriends the way they are  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

(it helps that my brother is an educator working with psychiatric drop-outs and my sister is a social worker  Smiling (click to insert in post) )
Climbmountains91

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2014, 05:20:42 AM »

Nothing. Drags me all the way to live up by him and then just leaves me alone on  Saturday nights while I look after our 11 month old daughter, why drag me up to live 10 mins down the road and then leave me high and dry. I know I cant blame him for moving up there entirely I do have my own mind, I decided to move down there but he was a massive influence on it. 22 years old and have more or less become a nun. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)! He'd rather spend it with his stupid friends weekends as its the only time he gets to see them as they actually have lives and work and have girlfriends unlike him. Sorry rant over Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)!
TitaniumPhoebe

Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2014, 12:18:47 AM »

Or if we did go out, I'd be worrying the whole time he would drink too much and act like an ass

exactly... . one of the reasons I am now hesitating to go out and meet up with the people I used to see before is because allready during my r/s with my BP we gradually stopped going out: I didn't feel welcome with his group of "friends" and he hesitated to take me there and vice versa... . I once took him to a wedding of a couple of friends and it was so embarrasing how he was constantly running to the bar for more drinks and how he became more and more drunk and started conversations with people without noticing how awkward it was to them... .

and when I took him to a concert of my favourite dance-group he was just standing there, bored, and then began to complain how tired he was and went sleeping in the car... . well, that was big fun wasn't it  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

in the end the only crew where I felt quite relaxed to take him to were my close family: my mum and brothers and sister,  because they are all very tolerant people and they take me and my "strange" boyfriends the way they are  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

(it helps that my brother is an educator working with psychiatric drop-outs and my sister is a social worker  Smiling (click to insert in post) )

oohhh, don't I know how that goes!  When we went out for NYE my ex-husband got so drunk me, and a friend and her date had to help me drag him out of a club where he puked all over himself in the VIP area after falling all over everyone. It got all over my nice dress. They were about to arrest him. If it hadn't been for my friend I never would have gotten him out of there.  I was so publically humiliated beyond belief. It was my worst NYE EVER!  Plus I had spent over $600 that night because he would always b___ I was after his money so I paid for everything, only to have him do that before it was even midnight. Then he would not let me leave the hotel room and wanted to have sex. he thought it was a fabulous NYE because we had "great" sex (according to him) when to me it was one of the worst nights of my life.    There were many more occasions where he drank too much too fast and humiliated me, but that one took the cake. 
Boisnix79

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: Single...finally

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2014, 01:01:29 AM »

Well in the beginning we started by hanging with my friends and having an amazing time. We traveled a lot and watched great shows... . the more we fought, the more we stayed home... . and at some point I had realized I hadn't been social in months... .

So to answer you if we were still together we would be fighting and watching TV, I'd be cooking and then if I'm lucky she would be helping me clean... . maybe go out to eat once or twice... .

This weekend starting Thursday I went out to a local bar with a few friends I hadn't really seen in almost a year... .

Then on Friday I went and stayed at my friends place and then we went to the beach the next day and played bocci ball... . then ate fish sandwiches... .

I was semi-depressed the whole time but I still had a good time... . got my mind off of it and I felt better.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest