Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 11:01:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Falling In Love  (Read 349 times)
claudiaduffy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Married (going on 1 year)

« on: September 15, 2014, 04:58:40 PM »

I found the following quote absolutely beautiful, and while it highlights a lot of what is wrong with how pwBPD tend to view love, it also highlights the errors in how a great many non-disordered people see it, too! Again, I find myself marveling at how incredibly fortunate I've been in meeting and marrying a husband who, as described below, did not fall in love with me, but rose in love as I rose in love to meet him. I do not know why we were able to throw off the awful ways love was distorted in our FOOs, but I am so very grateful.

In fact a mature person does not fall in love, he rises in love. The word ’fall’ is not right. Only immature people fall; they stumble and fall down in love. Somehow they were managing and standing. They cannot manage and they cannot stand – they find a woman and they are gone, they find a man and they are gone. They were always ready to fall on the ground and to creep. They don’t have the backbone, the spine; they don’t have that integrity to stand alone.

A mature person has the integrity to be alone. And when a mature person gives love, he gives without any strings attached to it: he simply gives. And when a mature person gives love, he feels grateful that you have accepted his love, not vice versa. He does not expect you to be thankful for it – no, not at all, he does not even need your thanks. He thanks you for accepting his love. And when two mature persons are in love, one of the greatest paradoxes of life happens, one of the most beautiful phenomena: they are together and yet tremendously alone; they are together so much so that they are almost one. But their oneness does not destroy their individuality, in fact, it enhances it: they become more individual.

Two mature persons in love help each other to become more free. There is no politics involved, no diplomacy, no effort to dominate. How can you dominate the person you love? Just think over it. Domination is a sort of hatred, anger, enmity. How can you think of dominating a person you love? You would love to see the person totally free, independent; you will give him more individuality. That’s why I call it the greatest paradox: they are together so much so that they are almost one, but still in that oneness they are individuals. Their individualities are not effaced – they have become more enhanced. The other has enriched them as far as their freedom is concerned.

Immature people falling in love destroy each other’s freedom, create a bondage, make a prison. Mature persons in love help each other to be free; they help each other to destroy all sorts of bondages. And when love flows with freedom there is beauty. When love flows with dependence there is ugliness.

- Osho
Surnia
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »

Osho - he has written some inspiring things and this is one of it.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:49:49 PM »

Hi claudiaduffy,

Such a beautiful sentiment, and something to aspire to. Thanks for sharing. I'm happy that you have found mature love in your life—that gives us hope, too!  Smiling (click to insert in post)

heart

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
beachtalks

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 01:32:41 AM »

I LOVE reading this quote as well, although I have to say that I don't entirely agree with it.  I say this because we live in a world that has a lot of painful parts that come and go, and we are all broken and vulnerable in some ways.  Part of what carries us through is being able to depend on trusted sources when we are emotionally down.  I think that when we "fall" in love, we are responding to a call in our hearts that we don't want to go about life on our own and that we can't do this on our own. 

I love knowing that you found a mature partner and congratulate you both.  I am currently alone and focusing on building my spirituality. I know that a relationship would distract me right now because relationships require giving, and I am okay with that, just not right now.I just think that even two very mature healthy people who are in a relationship still have a lot of dependency issues to handle. I think the quote is beautiful, yet very ideal.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest