Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 02:43:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My brother Almost overdosed last night  (Read 368 times)
Michi

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: February 01, 2015, 12:47:53 PM »

I believe my mother may an Undiagnosed BPD. And after thankfully finding this website I was able to find out so many answers re guarding my mother and how her disorder effected all over children. After much discussion with my oldest sister we identified that she could very we'll be the "chosen child" from emotional incest. And the rest were very neglected. My mom has just recently had another one of her episodes and disappeared. My mom has lived in Florida and just recently lost her husband due to a heart attack. So she's been in another state and much harder for her to put the emotional states baggage on her kids shoulders. She's been staying at my house with me and my brother( I'm the youngest ) my brother is the 3rd of 4 Kids. He himself batteling drugs and alcohol. I think he was the most neglected and never emotionally developed. I think he may have some sort of disorder because he never able to properly handle everyday problems. He was also very late in doing normal adult things. Like getting a license or pay bills and he's 27 years old.
pessim-optimist

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 08:54:51 PM »

Hi Michi,

and  Welcome

That must be very hard to deal with the issues of your mom and your brother in your own home - how are you coping with it all? Do you have support for yourself - friends, other family etc. with whom you can talk this about, people that are there for you when you need help?

What happened to your brother? Is he ok now, how is he doing? How are you yourself doing right now?
Michi

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »

my brother is ok thankfully. but we are desperate for him to get help and try to get my mother to stay away from him because i believe she is the biggest cause of it. im handling it okay. i have my sisters support as well as my boss whom i discuss the situation with. i just feel so helpless and that i may have a little trouble dealing with. i want to open a window if communication with my brother and talk to him about my mom and try to get him to understand what issues she may have but im afraid to sound pushy and intrusive. i beleive my brother may have transparent BPD or "quiet". hes very introverted and abuses drugs and alcohol. xanax and pain killers to be exact.
pessim-optimist

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:45:16 PM »

It's good to know that your brother is ok... .

It is really nice of you that you are wanting to help your brother and be there for him.

i want to open a window if communication with my brother and talk to him about my mom and try to get him to understand what issues she may have but im afraid to sound pushy and intrusive.

How about asking him some questions first to see what he thinks and see it as a first of several talks with him? You might be able to see what might be appropriate to say at the first time so it's not overwhelming.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest