Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 05:19:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Now... How?  (Read 360 times)
FigureIt

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 23, 2015, 07:37:25 AM »

For right now I am staying in the relationship.  I am organizing my financials so that I can leave eventually.  I have been trying not to let HIS disorder upset my life. A lot easier said then done!

We went out the other night with friends, enjoyed a sporting event then went to a local establishment.  While at the bar we were talking about politics, etc.  I had my opinion and was part of the conversation.  By the end of the night my uBPDbf was looking at me and saying "I was embarrassing myself."  I just ignored him.  We then went home without an issue. BUT the next day my uBPDbf had a total attitude with me.  Then he told me I was "flirting with", "leaning on", some guy who was to my left.  Now I KNOW I wasn't doing that, but just for verification I asked the bartender that night (who is a friend) and she told me not at all.

I told my uBPDbf that was not my intent in any way, had no interest (to the point I don't know what the guy looked like or his name) and that I was sorry he interpreted it in that way.  Well, that did no good, he claimed he didn't interpret it wrong, etc.

Now I know my uBPDbf lied about "my actions"... .   I even know he drank more than me. 

How do you just "let it go?"   I did nothing wrong!
rj47

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced after 30 years. Still care, but moved on.

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:18:06 AM »

Now I know my uBPDbf lied about "my actions"... .   I even know he drank more than me. 

I've heard it for 20 years. It was so constant and upsetting that I learned to never make eye contact or glance at other women in a social setting. It didn't matter. She created evolving narratives to back her contention that I wanted other women and cared for them more than her. A year and a half ago she created an entirely new form of narrative and told two friends that I had basically beaten and raped her after I caused an argument by "grinding on a dance floor all night with two women". What actually happened is she disappeared into a bathroom for 40-minutes and I ended up having a casual conversation with a lesbian couple seated at the bar next to me.

The false narrative was awful. The false accusation a horror of the worst kind.

I allowed her to create and reinforce lies for years because of fear and not being wired for the conflict. Now I push back on every lie and engage with the same fury arguing what really happened. When she attempts to shift the topic I drag her back and will litigate the disagreement for hours if needed. I've told her many times I will battle to the death each and every time she twists the narrative. She's finally beginning to back off in frustration and exhaustion. I know its the wrong thing to do with a BPD and I hate it but its the only thing that seems to have worked.

I went from a 2 to a 10 in the resentment department. The false accusation was the new wild card that I can forgive but no longer tolerate. I'm truly afraid of what she could do. My willingness to argue has been cathartic but is also a cause for even more resentment. I'm done, no longer care and heading for the door.

Do what works for you if you can find it. In my case... .having at a club when she comes with sword drawn seems to have helped.

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain."
FigureIt

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:25:50 AM »

The false narrative was awful. The false accusation a horror of the worst kind.

There is no way to defend the false narrative.  I knew that he was wrong, and when I talked to our friend today that completely confirmed it.

He wants to be "pissed, hurt, etc." and then expects me to make amends.  I did nothing that I need to make amends for. 

I've argued back.  I even said right out he was wrong, I know I wasn't doing that... .He still lies!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest