Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 10:03:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling defeated  (Read 347 times)
portia77
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 23, 2015, 06:45:51 PM »

The "relationship" has been developing for 8 or 9 months, and has been falling apart since day one. It's over now, I know that it won't be what it was before and that it's not healthy for me. I can't seem to let it go. All of the things that were said, items exchanged, plans and commitments made with one another. And now I find myself waiting for a call that I know will never come. I feel broken. I know that I have good things going for me, but the fact that this "relationship" is over and will never be tears me apart. I suppose it doesn't help that one of my "friends" is now talking with him in the same way it started for me. Ahhh... .so broken
cosmonaut

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 06:22:47 PM »

Hi Portia

Welcome

I think we can all understand how you are feeling right now.  The end of any relationship is a difficult time, but a BPD relationship is so much more so.  I can say personally it has been the worst, most painful experience of my life.  It's surreal how much it affected me.  That's what happens in relationships with such intense idealization and mirroring - we form an extremely loaded bond.  And when it breaks, it is agonizing.  I was in a crushing depression for months afterwards, and that's not uncommon here.  So, I can understand how much this hurts and how deeply it is affecting you.  I'm sorry you are going through this, but know that you are in good company.  We're all here to support you.

I also know how you feel about waiting for a call that never comes.  Have you had any contact at all with your ex since your breakup?  What happened at the end of your relationship that resulted in the breakup?  Was he the one that left?  If you'd like to share more of your story, I'd be interested in knowing more about what brings you here.

Please know that everyone here understands the pain you are going through.  You're not alone.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest