Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 11:35:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Think they are stalking us here ?  (Read 626 times)
llor

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Seperated

« on: June 10, 2015, 12:23:16 PM »

I joined this site a few years ago and was always afraid that my then wife wBPD would find out about it and stalk me here.

Has any of you felt their ex, family member or SO wBPD stalked them here to see what we talk about ?
WhatJustHappened?

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 12:31:40 PM »

Good point. I wonder how many posters here have BPD themselves?

I never told my ex that I thought she has BPD as she would never accept it and because I would not want her to find my posts. Mainly because it would just start the crazy cycle again.
ZeusRLX

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 12:35:50 PM »

Most of mine would never even allow the remote possibility they might have BPD... .blasphemy!  Smiling (click to insert in post)

One was in treatment but she'd be too bored to spend any time on a forum, too busy getting her hair done, massages, treatments, manicures, cheating on her husband, shopping etc etc.

Also, I think a lot of them would be triggered by many posts here in the chance they did decide to read them... .
JRT

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 01:00:14 PM »

I have had exchanges that make me suspicious that it was her... .if not that then certainly targeted at me specifically and very unusual
rarsweet

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 02:58:30 PM »

When I login I check responses to posts since my last login. I've had alot of times where posts have been checked in between and I know I didn't do it. But then I think its probably just a glitch and I'm paranoid. Ex did know my fb password and deleted my account when we broke up so I never know.
Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 07:45:50 PM »

Also, I think a lot of them would be triggered by many posts here in the chance they did decide to read them... .

They would likely have to know and accept they have BPD to be triggered. (Unless they knew you)

There are over 75,000 members from all over the world here and with the stories being somewhat similar it would be very hard for an ex to find you. We always recommend you not tell mutual friends or an ex you're here and/or if your ex has access to your email or computer history to always delete emails and computer history. Simply steps to protect your privacy.

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
Kelli Cornett
^

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »

Probably too busy f***** the replacement

Ronald E Cornett, Kelli Cornet, Kelley Lyne Freeman,

kellicornett@hotmail.com, kelfreemanfreeman@aol.com, kelleyfree@yahoo.com
ReclaimingMyLife

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 09:14:06 PM »

I admit that this possibility OFTEN crosses my mind.  Many times I have started to include some specific detail and then I think better of it and delete.   I very seriously doubt he would be on here but I don't want to take any chances.   

In a similar vein,  sometimes I wonder if his ex might show up here.   BLESS HER HEART,  sincerely.   I only had 8 months w him.   She dated/lived with him for 8+ years.   I don't know how she did it.   I would offer her my sympathy and support (from afar) were we ever to meet.   
WhatJustHappened?

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 09:15:29 PM »

I really don't care. No more intimidation or attempts to control. As none of us any real names, it's our business. But I do believe that there are BPD folks trolling the site. It's the perfect material for their delight.
rarsweet

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »

I too have read posts that gave me red flags. The one thing that really stands out for me is when a poster insists on the presence of a problem and won't consider solutions. But I know we all, myself included can kind of ruminate on negative things. I am learning to yank myself out of that habit.
JRT

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 10:36:11 PM »

If I google my standard alias and BPD... .the first hit is this forum.
Dutched

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 04:04:42 PM »

From the past exBPDw knows about this board, maybe exw remembers. For me, so what?

Most likely her shining grandpa prince knows it by now too.

I am the crazy one… and exw was the victim. So in order to seal that bond, a lot must have been projected.

Anyway, based on a few aliases without posts (being a member to gain better access) and 1 with posts since about late last year (with some remarkable similarities), I think that prince is here too…

As for visitors/pwBPD.

On a well known forum (with several sub forums for other PD’s) members are warned to avoid the forum itself, in order not to get triggered, as, obviously, a lot of pain is expressed on this board. 

For years someone I loved once gave me boxes full of darkness.
It made me sad, it made me cry.
It took me long to understand that these were the most wonderful gifts.
It was all she had to give
sbr1050

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 04:10:56 PM »

Most of mine would never even allow the remote possibility they might have BPD... .blasphemy!  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Mine would NEVER look here.  HE would tell you there is nothing wrong with him at all - that I am the one with all the problems! 
Bassoutcast

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 11:12:26 PM »

I sometimes felt like it. I'm pretty paranoid and she WAS very self-aware of her illness (meaning she knew she had it and needed to be treated differently, not actually taking up therapy and doing something about a very present issue).

My ex does cyber-stalk me, I did an experiment - I stopped being active on one social network and continued on the other - suddenly she stops being active there too, while trying to fish for my attention on the other with pictures and such, but I'm at a point where I just look at her immature attention seeking and laugh it off, then go about my day.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest