Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 02:17:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: positive picture on life  (Read 351 times)
cloudten

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: June 23, 2015, 09:30:51 AM »

So, i don't care if anybody reads this... .but I need to vent and I have closed out all of my friends.

I have been on the staying boards. i was staying. now i don't know.

It was a ___ty weekend. My BPDbf and i went to new hampshire so he could race his motorcycle. he did okay. he yelled at me about how i was lighting the grill. i gave up and let him have the lighter. i washed my hands of it. i went to bed early in the tent. at 2am, he still hadn't come to the tent. i assumed he found some track whore to shack up with. I sent him a nasty text and went back to bed. about a half hour later he come in drunk as a skunk. i didn't sleep the rest of the night while he passed out.

i made him dinner when i got home, which was rather nice of me. then i left. we are supposed to get together tonight and just have a night in... .since its been a while since we have been able to be ourselves and alone together.

However, this morning he sent me a web site with professional photos of the racers. I was clicking thru and really liked the pictures of him. He looked great. upon a second flip thru... .i noticed that in the background, although blurry, there i was over his shoulder in the background rooting for him. it was an awesome picture and a good representation of how i feel the relationship is- i support him in most everything he does, especially racing.  I quickly screenshotted the picture and drew an arrow to me. I sent it to him and said "That's me!" ... .and the response I got was "in that guy's crotch?"

Wtf.

I went back and looked at the picture. I was sitting on the ground, and yes, there was a guy standing behind me with a beer in his hand and looking a totally different direction. Yes my head was blocking the view of his crotch, but it was simply circumstantial. he was just someone in the crowd behind me.

This whole comment of his has completely derailed me... .triggered me I suppose.

He ruined the picture for me, first of all. Now i will ever see is what he thinks of the picture... .which sucks. its like blow it up huge, frame it, and put it on the wall kind of awesome picture. and now its ruined.

Second, I am completely rethinking everything. figuratively and literally- I want to be with someone who sees the big picture and points out the positive. I don't want to be with someone who sees the big picture and points out the negative. I'm tired of the negative getting in the way of the positive all the freaking time.

Its a joke he says. Sorry- I didn't take it as a joke. Sorry if the relationship is a joke, but why did he have to take this conversation there of all places?

i just don't know if i can endure the negative stuff anymore.

Am I over-reacting? Seriously?  I can't always tell if I am the crazy one or if he is. Maybe I am over reacting.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 10:12:32 PM »

"This whole comment of his has completely derailed me... .triggered me I suppose."

i think this is understandable. it sounds like you want to be both validated and appreciated, and you had this picture, and it meant a lot to you, and you received a flippant comment about it.

"he yelled at me about how i was lighting the grill."

is this a common thing? its easy for me to see where behavior like that would reinforce feelings of not being good enough.

"Am I over-reacting? Seriously?  I can't always tell if I am the crazy one or if he is. Maybe I am over reacting."

i dont think youre overreacting. youre entitled to your feelings. it might have been a joke on his end, it wasnt to you. thats valid.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest