Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "It feels like abandonment... "  (Read 411 times)
empath

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 29, 2015, 03:47:40 PM »

There are a lot of good signs in my relationship with uBPDh. He is seeing a therapist whom he has told about his abuse of me; he is able to self-soothe when he is feeling 'distressed' and have conversations that are difficult for him. We've been able to talk about his 'enmeshment' and 'codependency' with me, and he seems to understand that there need to be some boundaries. Although, those boundaries are interpreted as pushing him away; I suppose they are to some extent.

Recently, I had realized that my wearing my wedding rings was giving him the message that things were 'okay' with our marriage, so I decided to take them off. That was a difficult thing for him, and he started to be 'concerned' about my deep seated anger at him and bitterness. The evidence of the anger was the rings. He was most upset when we were at church and I had them off.

The other thing that is triggering him is that I have decided to not be at church on the days that he is serving in an official capacity. People are asking him about me when I am not there. This makes him 'feel' like I am abandoning him or that I am having an affair. He is also aware that our relationship is not so good, and he needs to make some changes in order for me to continue in it. I told him that it needs to be a place that is good for both of us.

Anyway, for myself, I am trying to come up with the things that I need to see happen in our relationship in order to continue. One of the things that is coming to mind is that I need to be able to have freedom to meet my own needs and the needs of others without that being seen as a betrayal or abandoning him. I'm not even sure that this is possible for pwBPD... . 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest