Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 09:42:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm finally broken and empty, completely  (Read 342 times)
citylist

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: 7 years married

« on: September 28, 2015, 12:07:09 PM »

Ahhmmm... .{short exhausted sigh} I think I'm beat. Problem is tho, I'm not truly convinced. BPDw stands firm on believing that I am Narcissistic, controlling, abusive, non caring, having an affair and plotting with the world on how to screw her in life. She has 2 grown girls (both out and in college) I have a HFA son, 14, who lives with us every 2 weeks. I am exhausted. My wife believes that her 7 year use of Lamictal is causing lower abdominal pain so she is being weened off of it. She has a DBT book that she is pounding, thinking that she will be cured when shes finished. I read it with her at her request and she just doesnt seem to get anything from it accurately, that I see anyway. She is paranoid and thinks I have a side girl. Never happened in my life, not me. She misplaces her moccasins and thinks I moved them to mess with her head. She thinks "I" open cabinet doors to make her believe a paranormal present opened them. This is what I have tried to rationalize with for 12 years. It seems to be getting worse by the day. Now she wants to be a mental health spokeswoman and share her good findings and "growth" with the world. I'm behind her all the way. I have always been 100% supportive of her in everything. This is now beyond what I can handle and I think she should be hospitalized to get regulated. She has been thru the suicide thing, drugs and alcohol etc. I have papers setting on a lawyers desk waiting for me to sign. I cry. Is this really it? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I am concerned about my son and me getting stabbed in the chest while Im sleeping. I read what I write and journal and I know a "normal" person would choke at these behaviors. They are a normal part of my life today. WOW! I am so broken. Sometimes I feel like I should be in a hospital. This is the 4th time for divorce. Each time I filed she would do a 360 and get better for a minute. My therapist says this is a "play" on me. She seems genuine. I just cant complete this decision. I think tomorrow I will just pick up the chips where they fall and go sign the papers and just be done.

Thanks for letting me share. Im just having a very hard time walking away.
Frog!0707

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 08:20:07 PM »

Good luck with whatever you decide It is a real emotional strain when you always have to be the one who is caring for someone else and then getting raged at the same time.  I'm in the same boat and have been for 20 years at times it improves but then it gets worse sometimes they may seek help if you are leaving only to make excuses not to go.  Hope everything works out for you.  I'm no expert but all the best.  

Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »

Hey citylist, I wouldn't describe your possible decision to leave as "walking away."  Instead, I would suggest that you could look at it as a healthy reaction to a chaotic and highly stressful situation.  Maybe it will be better for all if you take a break from your r/s.  In my case, leaving was a way to reduce the high conflict household for our children.  Plus, it put an end to all that care taking I did, which was unhealthy for me and my Ex.  It's hard, I know, but all growth is painful, in a good way.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest