Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 01:23:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: Which best describes your approach to the detachment? Please read new definitions in first post.
Resuscitation mode
Do not resuscitate mode (DNR)
Release with grace mode (RWG)
No contact mode (NC)
We're still both in the relationship
I've advanced beyond these early stages of detachment
Other (please explain in post)

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SELF ASSESSMENT | Which best describes your approach to detachment?  (Read 7457 times)
michel71

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 04:08:22 PM »

I am in total RESCUS.... with my uBPDw who moved out today.

My best friend says " I am worried that you will go back with her". I just say "no". That's a lie.

I am pining for her already. Sent several texts that I love her. Dying to hear it back but she won't.

She says that she needs time to process. Wants some space. I am trying to take her at her "word" and hope that she is not just trying to punish or get me to an even weaker, less empowered state.
Keef

Relationship status: Separated since late November 2016.

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 10:35:43 PM »

>Do not resuscitate<, since I've totally lost faith in this relationship. She discarded me 3 w ago after I wouldn't apologize for something I never even did (sleeping w someone else). This summer she abused me physically in a bad way - I'd liked her to have apologized for that... .- and I guess that experience has grown on me. There's no stopping the demise of this relationship, even though she's started therapy.

She's reached out two times the last two weeks. First with blame mail, and then after a week of silence with another e-mail, saying 'I miss you'. Well, sorry baby. It takes more than that to make us two dance yet another tango.
unicorn2014

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 10:24:49 AM »

I'm working with a therapist to do release with grace

She wants me to take a 1-2 month sabbatical from the relationship. I have unsuccessfully been able to do that so far however today I started a stopwatch on myself in terms of when I reply to his text, and I'm also starting a text count before I read. My therapist does not want me to block him but to learn how to ignore him.

I communicated to him per her instruction I need some time to get my head back together after some difficulties I've been through. I asked him politely not to text me so much. He of course went ballistic. She's working with me to ignore his texts and to kind of have a "so what" attitude towards them.

I've unfriended him on Facebook, sent his email to junk and put my phone in do not disturb mode. Text is the one thing I have to deal with. Oh, I also unplug my landline when he starts calling. So far today I have not talked to him on the phone so I guess this is day 1.

There were periodic no phone contact when he would go on a trip, but this one is initiated by me.
SonicGhost

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 03:51:45 PM »

Do not resuscitate--she ended the relationship after 30 years. I am working toward releasing her with grace.

This is a great survey question. I appreciate the candor with the responses.

I heard through my adult kids that she recently left the state. Good riddance!

I am now more focused on gaining healing for myself and for our kids. Thankfully they have begun to open up to me about their issues and incidents with our BPD wife and mother over the last 10 years. Horrifying stories! I always find it fascinating how a BPD can twist the perspective on almost anything to make themselves look good.

I am moving on. I will work on my severe codependency issues and consider another relationship some time down the road. It is going to take some time to recover from what appears to be 30 years of BPD and Bipolar.
tlc232

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2018, 01:13:40 PM »

Other -- Depends on what day of the week it is and what happened.  I am feeling that NC would likely be most effective but I have a requirement that I am not happy about with the exBPD (a contractual one).   I would love release with grace, but as usual, only one of us is being graceful and it isn't effective.

I only have one heart to give and one mind to lose -- I choose to fall in love with someone who will take both...
Speck

Relationship status: Divorced since Mar 2018

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »

Do Not Resuscitate

High functioning uBPDw left me four times.

I can no longer lasso a wild horse; may get kicked in the teeth.

-Speck
clvrnn

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2018, 05:58:00 PM »

What is the most significant factor driving you to be in the mode that you are in?

I am in DNR mode. She has changed her number and I have no method of contacting her, except on Instagram (which I do not have). I was in NC for ten weeks before I found out she'd done this.

What drives me to remain silent is that she is able to destroy my mental health through her words and actions (even if this isn't her intention). I suffer anxiety attacks, severe depression and suicidal thoughts when I'm in contact with her. Regardless of how much I want to return to her, the most important thing is my health and I can't do that to myself anymore.

clvrnn

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2018, 04:32:52 PM »

What is the most significant factor driving you to be in the mode that you are in?

I am in DNR mode. She has changed her number and I have no method of contacting her, except on Instagram (which I do not have). I was in NC for ten weeks before I found out she'd done this.

What drives me to remain silent is that she is able to destroy my mental health through her words and actions (even if this isn't her intention). I suffer anxiety attacks, severe depression and suicidal thoughts when I'm in contact with her. Regardless of how much I want to return to her, the most important thing is my health and I can't do that to myself anymore.

Calli

What is your sexual orientation: Other
Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2021, 03:28:32 PM »

No contact (and a bit Resuscitate if I’m totally honest) 

Such a great thread.  I am in the NC stage, which I know (and he knows) is what is best for both of us.  I know that he wants what is best for me, and himself, and vice versa.  It’s incredibly painful sometimes.  But I know it’s what it should be.  But to be honest, I do know that I wouldn’t trust myself if he tried to contact me.  I feel like I would be sucked right back in.   There’s a part of me that wishes we could go back.  Try better?  But I also know it’s not possible (as I did my best).  So somewhere inside of me there’s a part in resuscitate mode.  And I would bet it will be there forever.  Which frustrates me so much if I let it.  But then I remember that I shouldn’t fight it.   Let it be.  Accept that part and let it go.  It’s ok to be where I am now.  I have hope for brighter days, and already I can acknowledge that things are much better and simpler in many ways.  Thanks for this thread. My heart goes out to all of us struggling with letting go. 
Goosey

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2021, 04:42:40 PM »

I’m doing it the hard way.
Agonized so much it becomes a sad comical.
  (And that’s a step forward (maybe) to realize that)

My reality now is…. Know anything that will never happen between us is worse then what I feel everyday without her.
   My riddle.
    Like a crime scene. Don’t go back to the act.
SaltyDawg

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Moderately High Conflict Marriage (improving)

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2024, 12:38:43 PM »

This poll is geared only for one BPD relationship, I've been and currently am in two, so I answered 'other'.

With the uBPD/uNPD/u+exgf - DNR w/ NC would be in order, that is what I did with no regrets.

With the uBPD/uOCPDw - RWG would likely happen as I have finally called my wife's bluff on her divorce/separation threats - these have stopped and 'we're still both in the relationship'.  I feel that 'I've advanced beyond these early stages of detachment' as I have come to terms if my wife wants to leave me, as I am now able to let my wife know 'she is free to go' with the caveat that she must leave the marital home, which she is unwilling to do.

Resuscitation mode
 Do not resuscitate mode (DNR)
 Release with grace mode (RWG)
 No contact mode (NC)
 We're still both in the relationship
 I've advanced beyond these early stages of detachment
 Other (please explain in post)

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION