Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 01:55:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's my next move? (PART 2)  (Read 446 times)
Anez

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 07, 2016, 03:40:11 PM »

Just continuing the previous thread that ran really long.

LONG STORY SHORT: Work with my ex, she doesn't initiate contact but responds quickly to texts and is nice about it. She hasn't responded to text sent Tuesday that was just about a song she sent me

When the first thread started I wanted to save it. Now I'm just not sure. I think I'm not going to contact her but wait for her to contact me, which will prob never happen.

She loves to not contact me but loves to sit in the lounge at work every day and eat her lunch. the lounge that is right near my desk. and boy does she like to laugh and carry on.

She's doing it right now and I just put some headphones on.

Anyone have any advice on what to do next or thoughts, feelings, etc. just chime in. Thanks, all. This board is great.

Brab

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »

I feel for you, I really do... .

Under normal circumstances I'd say she needs a thoroughly good ignoring and hardcore nc but pwBPD seem to have a very different underlying reason for their behaviours... .

The laughing outside your office must be very painful and I'm sorry you have to go through that. It seems to me like she's trying to convey something to you as it has that "look at me" quality to it... .

That said, I still don't understand how pwBPD operate and what their real underlying motives are... .
Anez

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 04:23:36 PM »

Thanks, barb. Yea it's painful and work isn't as fun as it once was.

Part of me thinks she's trying to do a look at me, the other part says the BPD in her doesn't even know what it does to me. It's all about her and what she wants to do.

I often feel like I'm completely dead to her which is crazy after everything we went through.

Brab

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 04:55:32 PM »

I soo relate to that Anez... .their behaviour is just plain cruel sometimes and it just doesn't seem to matter to them at all it really is Jekyll Hyde and I've never experienced anything like that... .it's like the person you met just disappears right in front of your eyes... .it's bizarre! It really is all about them and God forbid you express any emotional need you get portrayed as some kind of clingy emotion cripple which is BS because were not! We're just decent guys who perhaps made some bad choices or in my case... .got chosen... .lucky me Smiling (click to insert in post)

I was feeling like I was completely dead to her (tho I maintained nc) after here ice cold break up text and when I saw her on Monday she was back to the sweet, shy, vulnerable woman I first met... .it really is a lot to cope with when you're on the sharp end of it... .

I'm struggling not to lash out and throw some venom her way, I really am... .write but don't send... .have to sit on my hands sometimes. How do you deal with that?

The part that really confuses is I still want her back! Wtf is that all about? Maybe I should go and get a hood check? My kid sister HATES this girl and she's a bit of a player herself but not afflicted with this... .she has a big heart but very sharp teeth. She's been polite to the ex so far when she sees her out and about but one wrong word from the ex and I think she'd eviscerate her... .and I can't deny I'd take some satisfaction from that right now... .Smiling (click to insert in post)

My battle plan is to maintain nc at least until I return from India... .I just don't see any other options
Anez

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 09:12:05 PM »

Had a really deep session with my T today and I need to move on from my x. I'm gonna go NC besides light hellos at work. He knows how these end for the most part and it just wouldn't be good for me.

It's just time.
MapleBob

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 01:40:15 AM »

Had a really deep session with my T today and I need to move on from my x. I'm gonna go NC besides light hellos at work. He knows how these end for the most part and it just wouldn't be good for me.

It's just time.

That's good, man. I know you wanted it to work out differently.
Anez

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »

Thanks, Maple.

He laid it out like this - he's had a number of patients dealing with BPD exs and he knows the odds of them getting together and working out aren't great. Sure, some make it through, but for the most part we all know how they go. He asked me if I was ready to put her behind me. I said yes. He called my BS and said no you're not but you need to take steps to be. He said if we ever got back together it would be shorter than the first time and it would not be as good and it would end with even more pain. He also warned me about if we got back together she might try to get pregnant - he's had this happen to at least five patients in the past - and then I'd be stuck for the rest of my life dealing with an ex - because it wouldn't last - and a kid. And that scared the heck out of me.

So how do I deal with the fantasy thoughts and seeing her at work? He told me whenever I have a good memory about it her make sure I follow it up with a bad memory. Like - she played a big part in the destruction of my marriage, she hurt me more than anyone has, and she threw me away. I'm gonna work on that when I see her or think good things about her.

He went so far as to look in my eyes and call her the devil.

I've felt different since yesterdays session. More in control. Will that change in an hour when she shows up at work? Probably, but I know what I have to do to make each day better. 

I think distractions are great. I think meeting new people is great. I hurt, sure, but I need to find normal women and have strong relationship. I have a second date on Saturday night and a first date on Sunday. Just getting out there and meeting new people and seeing where things go.

It's time to rebuild and recover. We deserve better. We don't deserve to continually wonder if our BPD ex will ever want to get back with us.

It's their loss.

It's our victory.
Anez

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 03:05:03 PM »

Just saw her in the hall at work and said hello and kept walking. the feelings were different this time. i saw her for who she really is. yesterday with my T really helped.

Brab

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 05:44:55 AM »

I know it's not what you wanted Anez but congratulations on your strength... .

I may be right behind you but for now, I've made a decision not to make a decision... .

I hope you heal and find happiness!
Anez

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 02:34:02 PM »

Thanks BRab, appreciate. Do your thing, learn from folks on here, and make a decision whenever you feel the time is right for you.

Enjoy India.
JQ

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 07:30:03 AM »

Inez & group,

I like your therapist ... .they are a straight shooter ... .tell it like it is ... .no BS kinda therapist that more people probably need in their life.  He didn't lie to you about the odds of relationships with someone who has BPD working out are as about as good as winning the PowerBall lotto this week ... .Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).     Come on you have to keep a sense of humor ... .it's the one thing I've learned with not one but two exBPDgf ... .nothing good comes from a person without a sense of humor.

When you come to this sight do you read others post in ALL the forums ... .or do you come here to post your thoughts and experience and get feedback? I take the time to read through several post in all the categories of BPD relationships to increase my overall knowledge of BPD relationships and I hope get a better understanding and perspective from all facets of this serious mental / behavioral illness.  It's been extremely educational and eye opening to me.

For example you said, He said if we ever got back together it would be shorter than the first time and it would not be as good and it would end with even more pain."  I've read many experiences of those who had relationships with BPD and including my own ... .and this seems to be more true then not.  The first encounter is awesome ... .great ... .mind blowing. Then the first rage comes along and it last only hours or maybe a day or two and you're left scratching your head wondering what the hell just happened. But then she paints you white again and showers you with all kinds of love, affection, attention and you forget about the rage.  Then it happens more often and the time between them is shorter and shorter ... .this pattern of behavior seems to be prevalent behavior in those who suffer from BPD illness.

I would add an additional thing to what your therapist said about adding a negative memory to a good memory ... .when you add the negative memory snap a rubber band around your wrist ... .its an "memory enhancer" to the negative memory. With the negative memory you feel physical pain and the more this happens the more you associate any thoughts of her with physical pain and you begin to think of her less and less. Does it work all the time for everyone ... .no ... .but then again morphine doesn't work for everyone to take away the physical pain that they're in.  You have to try different methods of help and assistance to get through what is arguably the most difficult time in your life.

You like a lot of us her are most likely perfectionist, white hat sheriff types to ride in to save our BPD s/o from the flying monkey's they let loose.  You're doing good ... .you're working hard to move on and meet what you call, "normal women".  I agree with you that you need to continue to work on yourself to include additional readings of references here not his site,  possibly professional help to help you understand what happen, why it happen, understand yourself better and how to have a better more mutually respectful caring loving relationships. I would also suggest that your read a book called " The Human Magnet Syndrome" that you can find at your local library or online. It basically explains why NONs aka codependent are perfectly match to those who suffer BPD illness. It helps you understand the relationship between the two ... .that although perfectly match because like magnets they are two personalities at the opposite ends of behavioral spectrum and opposites attract ... .it will be a forever a push / pull relationships that will be full of conflict. Like any other relationship there will be moments of fun, bliss ... .followed by chaos and drama ... .but we all know the intensity of both with someone who has BPD.

I've read stories here of people who have stayed with the s/o who has BPD not for days, weeks months ... .but for decades for several reasons. Raging from "that's what our generations did ... .we stayed in sickness & in health and BPD is a mental illness", to being unaware and uneducated of what BPD is and just how serious of a mental / behavioral illness it is.  My mother who is a BPD is to old to start any type of DPT therapy for any other therapy for that matter. One exBPDgf refuses to believe there is anything wrong and creates havoc and chaos to this day. She has had this sex triangle for nearly 2 decades between 2 guys and unknown how many one nighters. Some how she justifies it to be ok in her brain to satisfy her own needs.  My second exBPDgf is self aware and very intelligent with 2 Master degrees ... .she knows she has had many men in her life but no real long term relationships and she's been in therapy with multiple therapist for nearly over 25 years yet she continues to have major relationship problems. I've come to learn all of this and more ... .a lot of this sight has help me understand more then I could of ever imagined.

What did I do next? Well I learned that it was ok to say no ... .no to mental, emotional, physical abuse. I learned it was ok to put myself, my needs before others ... .that I'm not responsible for her or others behavior.  I learned that BPD is a serious mental / behavioral illness that if they are self aware and they choose to seek out DBT therapy and a good therapist that they {and me} will most likely be in therapy for the rest of my life. I learned the 3 Cs of BPD ... .I didn't Cause it, I can't Control it, I can't Cure it ... .that it happen long before I showed up in the picture. That as much as I want to help her, "save her", love her, be with her, guide her, support her ... .she will continue to have extreme fears of abandonment that I have no control or influence with. She will continue to have sex triangles to satisfy her need to be loved or what she things is love. She will continue to open the cage doors to her flying monkey's & expect me to put them back in their cages.

Like you I decided it was time to recover ... .rebuild ... .and move forward with my life. I will continue to educate myself on BPD, codependent relationships to improve myself.  I would suggest things to help that has help me and a few others ... .

Get out for a walk ... .enjoy the moment. Exercise is so important to get the good endorphins moving in your body and burn off extra stress the relationship or thoughts might be giving you. Enjoy the sun ... .it's so important to improve your daily outlook on things. Eat right ... .stop eating at fast food joints ... .nothing good comes from there. Call up old friends that you haven't talked to in some time and get caught up. Go out to a good movie ... .go for a salad and a glass of water ... .Italian and a glass of wine ... .or a beer and a really good burger ... .then go for a walk ... .a bike ride ... .get out and explore your local area. Go for a weekend trip to someplace close for something different.

We can't walk your journey for you ... .but when you fall ... .someone will be here to hold out a hand to pull you back up ... .dust you off ... .and let you continue your journey for you. You have to decide what path to walk ... .continue the one you on ... .take the next fork in the road ... .or sit down where you're at and deal with things as they are ... .but they're your choices.

Come back here as often as you need too ... .let us know how you're doing ... .posting can be somewhat therapeutic too 

Have a great day! 

JQ
Anez

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 12:11:47 PM »

Thanks, JQ.

I've been taking some good steps the past few days. Living life. Being with friends. Not thinking about the ex as much as I did just last week.

It's time to get past this and get back to living. the last few months have been so unlike me and I'm ready to not have my brain held prisoner to thoughts about her.

She has a mental illness. there's nothing I can do about it but wish her well and be on my way.

JQ

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 08:51:03 PM »

Thanks, JQ.

I've been taking some good steps the past few days. Living life. Being with friends. Not thinking about the ex as much as I did just last week.

It's time to get past this and get back to living. the last few months have been so unlike me and I'm ready to not have my brain held prisoner to thoughts about her.

She has a mental illness. there's nothing I can do about it but wish her well and be on my way.

A nez,

I see positive energy and steps forward to a new start !   Good energy!

JQ
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest