Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
December 11, 2017, 05:20:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Borderline personality disorder: statistics Read here
Administrator: heartandwhole
Moderators: Meili, once removed
Member support team: DaddyBear77, Flourdust, pearlsw, Tattered Heart, Turkish, wendydarling, Woolspinner2000
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
96 Member Studies
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm New Here  (Read 114 times)
ChooseJoyin17
Fewer than 3 Posts

Person in your life: Parent

« on: January 14, 2017, 09:14:18 AM »

My husband and I believe that my mom has BPD. I have read Stop Walking On Eggshells. After years of emotional abuse and a major blowup aimed towards my husband on Thanksgiving 2015, we no longer have contact with her. I am in therapy and on a medication for anxiety and for the first time in my life, I feel like I am starting to overcome my codependency. Feeling like a new woman! But still have a long road of healing ahead.   grin
Kwamina
Retired Staff

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 05:13:28 PM »

Hi ChooseJoyin17 Welcome

I am sorry you have endured many years of emotional abuse from your own mother. That definitely isn't easy to deal with and I can understand how this could affect you. You are getting help now in the form of therapy and are also getting medication. I am glad this has had a positive effect on you and you are even starting to feel like a new woman smiley

Healing takes time and it can indeed be a long road, taking it one little step at a time will hopefully make it manageable though.

You currently don't have contact with your mother after an incident in 2015. Is this the first time you've been NC (No Contact) with your mother?

Welcome to  BPDfamily

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
HappyChappy

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 06:22:49 AM »

Hi ChooseJoyin17,

Its great to hear you’ve ready Walking on eggshells, as that’s a good one. Also great to hear you are feeling the effects of healing. It took me 3 years to get to a safe place, and as I followed CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) I’m aware that knowing it, is not enough, we need to practice it. So I find this forum acts a bit like a mind gym, and reinforces what I should be doing. It’s also great to hear success stories, so thanks for sharing that. So what are you looking to get out of the forum ?

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. Wilde.

2018 Financial Sponsors - Thank you all!
Thank you. We are all appreciative of the thoughtful and responsible men and women who provide the support, education, brotherhood, and funding to keep BPDFamily on the air and make a difference in the lives and families of many. To you all, thank you for this wonderful resource.
12years
AskingWhy
At_Bay
braveSun
Butch13
Cat Familiar
Change2014
Chosen
chump
Coffee BE Twin
confusedbloke
coworkerfriend