Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 02:18:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Had a cry today  (Read 465 times)
bus boy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 16, 2017, 06:50:34 PM »

This evening I was working around the house and listening to music, I looked up bruised orange, a John Prine song I haven't heard for a while. two verses that hit me were "a heart stained with anger grows weak and grows bitter, you become your own prisoner as you watch yourself sit there" that made me think about the bitterness I still have for Xw. I work hard on detachment, growing and moving forward but I must admit I have some bitter feelings towards Xw for what she did. The second verse that broke me down was " sat on the park bench kissed the girl with the black hair". That made me weep like a baby. As much I thought I was detached from Xw I realized how much I loved her. I must admit I struggle with Xw living with another man, holding him in her arms at night, dropping s10 off at home and seeing her BF's car in her driveway, it cements in me every time I drop s10 off that my replacement is the man in her life, the man who makes Xw happy where I failed. This is there second year, second Xmas, New Years, thanksgiving, Easter, by our second year the r/s was a disaster, when we told my family we were getting married they couldn't hide the shock, the look in my moms eyes was very clear to see. My mom knew how abusive the r/s was concerned for me. Through it all I still have pain deep down inside, I still feel like I failed deep down inside. I will still keep pushing forward but maybe a piece of us is gone forever and maybe Xw will always have a piece of my heart.
insideoutside

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »

Sorry to hear that busboy; it's nearly 1.30 am here in the UK and I'm listening to music that is seriously  triggering me too.  Music can be so emotive at times.  I know I'm in love with my friend  but I'm married and trying so hard to detach and listening to music that takes me back to a beautiful  place isn't helping with that process.

Hugs x
bus boy

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:42:35 PM »

HI izzybusy, sorry to hear you are struggling today. Music can certainly get the emotions stirring. I got caught in the moment and kept up with playing music that was emotionally moving.

Have a good night Smiling (click to insert in post)
Herodias

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 09:30:57 PM »

Music makes me cry all the time in the car when I'm driving. I have to keep tissue on hand. I've felt the same way- two years out as well. Had all the same thoughts about "them". I refuse to believe I failed and you shouldn't either. The new person will go through the same thing. I'm just sorry that you still have to see her. I think if we had people in our lives we would feel better too. It's just so hard to find. They grab any person and make it work temporarily. Just remember it's a holiday and it's usually not enjoyable with them. We are better off alone. I spent the whole day alone and I was perfectly fine. You'll be fine too.  
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 12:15:23 AM »

The relationship may be gone,  but the piece of it remaining, most significant and precious,  is your son.  Continue to fight for him. 

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest