Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 06:41:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My BPD/NPD spouse sometimes loses sense of timing and common sense  (Read 388 times)
FlawedDesign

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 13, 2017, 10:09:14 AM »

Hi all,

My BPD/NPD spouse sometimes loses a sense of timing.  He used to have normal capabilities, but after what I call a "breakdown," when his behavior became really severe, he had cognitive losses.  For instance, he can no longer estimate the time it will take for particular tasks to be accomplished  --  not even a good ballpark estimate.  He gets us in trouble all the time over that one.  Or, he simply judges things very poorly, such as what we do or do not need to buy for the household, or what the kids will need for something planned.  He just doesn't seem to be able to anticipate the needs anymore, and how you would meet those.  No, this is not dementia.  There were a few instances of it over the years, but then with his breakdown, these cognitive losses became a regular occurrence.  

Familiar to anyone?

FD
Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 09:12:06 AM »

My H is exactly like this. He cannot plan well at all. He either over estimates or under estimates timing by hours sometimes. When working on projects around the house, he thinks he can just wing it and the stuff he needs to complete the project will just magically appear (or he has it lying around somewhere) and when he can't find what he needs to complete it, the project goes unfinished for weeks or even months. He cannot follow a schedule, instructions, recipes, a shopping list, etc. I think part of it has to do with the poor executive control that comes with having BPD. The other part is that he doesn't like being told what to do. 

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

FlawedDesign

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 06:53:31 PM »

Tattered Heart,

I hear you.  I don't dare suggest anything when he is like this, or WWIII will break out.  I pick up the pieces after.

FD
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest