Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 07:14:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Head noise 30 days NC  (Read 379 times)
confused4now

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 19, 2017, 02:23:09 PM »

It's 30 days today NC, my husband moved all his belongings out yesterday. I arranged for my brother in law to be help him. I have been fighting the urge to contact him for any stupid reason. I know if I want to get out of this toxic marriage I must let him go. It has been building for a few days. Since I have NC my bro in law is our mediator.  He has mentioned a couple of times that my husband is having a hard time, he doesn't  think his bad behavior was done to hurt me. Yesterday he came over and said he had a talk with him, he asked why he has not signed the divorce papers. My husband said he has been making excuses, he is sad and does not want the divorce. He said that he would sign today. I realize I do not either, but feel like I have to. I have thought and thought about how toxic the marriage is now, and do not see it getting better. I am not sure I am ready to let go. I am struggling with be willing to let go will . I then think of his behavior and question my sanity. I can't believe how difficult this has been. I thought after yet another round of humiliation, I would have had ENOUGH! I had myself convinced that he was the ill one, and that I was over it.
 Now I feel so bad about myself for loving someone that did not love  or respect me at all. I don't feel any stronger, I wonder if this is ever going to end.
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:16:21 PM »

It's 30 days today NC, my husband moved all his belongings out yesterday... .

... .My husband said he has been making excuses, he is sad and does not want the divorce... .

... .I have thought and thought about how toxic the marriage is now, and do not see it getting better. I am not sure I am ready to let go... .

... .I had myself convinced that he was the ill one, and that I was over it.
 Now I feel so bad about myself for loving someone that did not love  or respect me at all. I don't feel any stronger, I wonder if this is ever going to end.

I think to have a wobble about divorce is to be expected, under any circumstances.  Promises were made, vows spoken, commitment intended.  Then there is the PD factor, whereby relationships are intense, behaviours in our partners lead us to question ourselves, and there is the associated FOG. 

From what I'm seeing in your post I'm not surprised that you're having some doubts.  Your H collecting his things is bound to have a finality about it which can cause some foreboding and sense of loss around the relationship and your hopes for it.  Then to hear that he is feeling sad and doesn't want the divorce is going to strike a chord in you.  I'm sure anyone would be feeling as you are under the circumstances.  It is all very painful. 

Perhaps try to see this not as an end, but a beginning.  The beginning of something better, however things play out.  You seem sure that how things were isn't good for you, so things must be different one way or another for your sake.  What is important is that you take good care of yourself and accept that you are bound to have mixed feelings and worries at this time.  It's a difficult time and you need to treat yourself with kindness at the moment.  Do the simple things like eating well, sleeping enough, taking care of your health.  Be with loving friends and family.  Do the things you enjoy doing.  These things will help you to restore balance to your body and mind.  Whatever the future holds, this time out now will help you to cope and build your strength for tomorrow. 

We're here for you through this so take full advantage.

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:01:08 PM »

Hi confused4now,

Welcome

I'd like to echo  Bullet: contents of text or email (click to insert in post) Harley Quinn, it's hard to look into the future when you're going through divorce, it helps to lean on others on difficult times like these, Harley Quinn mentioned self care, don't beat yourself up.

I completely understand how it's hard to feel strong in times like these, i'd like to share a quote with you.

Excerpt
Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - chapter 22

Yield and overcome;
Bend and be straight;
Empty and be full;
Wear out and be new;
Have little and gain;
Have much and be confused.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest