Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 06:47:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From Romantic to friendships, im a magnet .  (Read 378 times)
Fixmenotyou
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« on: January 29, 2018, 04:22:40 AM »

If I was supposed to learn from my past I'm failing miserably.  From sociopath to psychopath to possible NPD to women with BPD.  I'm sicker than I thought.  An empathetic pathetic need to be wanted and needed and they have put the roof over my head.  Feeling totally helpless with nowhere to turn and nowhere to go so I remain to be stolen from and also accused of theft.  I'm completely embarrassed I have made such awful choices and misjudgement of character.   
FindingMe2011
a.k.a. *BeenThereB4*

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:51:29 AM »

If I was supposed to learn from my past I'm failing miserably.

Is it possible, that maybe, you dont truly understand your past?

From sociopath to psychopath to possible NPD to women with BPD.

Please explain, somewhat ambiguous

I'm sicker than I thought.

Then seek help, like u are doing here... .getting some professional help, may also be in order

An empathetic pathetic need to be wanted and needed and they have put the roof over my head. 

I suggest being kind and forgiving to yourself... .If you cant do this for yourself, can u truly do it for others? Some of what u describe, are traits of co-dependency, most on here, are in this boat... .who exactly has put the roof over your head? and what does this mean?

Feeling totally helpless with nowhere to turn and nowhere to go so I remain to be stolen from and also accused of theft.  I'm completely embarrassed I have made such awful choices and misjudgement of character.   

No friends or family close? it sounds like your in bad situation... .Explaining your situation a little more clearly, will help others, understand,,,understanding how/why we make poor choices, and acting on this knowledge... .will go a long way, in not repeating... .I wish u well PEACE
Lucky Jim

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 04:59:15 PM »

Hey Fixme, We've all made mistakes so don't be so hard on yourself.  You are human, like the rest of us.  Suggest you embrace your shortcomings as part of who you are.  Don't beat yourself up, OK?  The place to start, I suggest, is with yourself.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 08:48:37 AM »

Hi fixmenotyou,

Welcome

I’d like to join the others and welcome you to the site.

Excerpt
An empathetic pathetic need to be wanted and needed and they have put the roof over my head

Empathy is a good quality, think of doctors, nurses, police officers etc... .can you imagine a world if people had zero empathy? Although we do have an empathy deficit in the world.

Don’t be hard on yourself. I like your username and I agree in the context of compassion take that compassion that you have for others and point it at yourself for self compassion.

It sounds like something very difficult has happened. Can you give us a backstory? We’re here to help.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Bo123
Formerly "envision"

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 06:43:50 PM »

Fixmenotyou--Who hasn't made a bad decision in a relationship or choice of one?  Do you have the resources to see a counselor who may be able to start putting this puzzle together with you?  Once a few lights start coming on for you, things will start to make some sense and the decisions you make will be better.  You have a lot of options, but maybe you just can't see them right now.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest