Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 09:08:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ex peeked at my Facebook  (Read 373 times)
Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« on: June 13, 2019, 11:12:05 PM »

I was in a r/s for two years with my exgf. In that two years she broke up with me twice she broke up with me a few weeks ago.

Break up #1 A year ago today she said that I should go and find other people. I didn’t want to break up with her so i suggested that we be friends with benefits so that it would help with anxiety but I still wanted a r/s with her.

I had went out in dates I didn’t sleep with any women. I had met someone that I had grown fond of and my ex was sending mixed signals she still wanted me but she wanted to let me go.

I stopped seeing the other woman and got back together with my ex. I felt guilty for involving the other woman in drama.

Break up #2

My ex works in a daycare my youngest is is in her room. I met at the daycare and since we broke up she’s had controlled contact and only talking about daycare stuff which is not stuff that we had talked about in the last two years.

She’s been doing this every other day. My guy tells me she’s soothing anxiety and she wants to see if I’m still there and if I’ll respond. I did but I kept it on the subject st hand she has not contacted for anything else other than another time she said it was nice to see you when I say her in after school class our kids are taking. I responded back and compliment her on her looks which wasn’t a good idea on my part. Two days later she responded by saying thanks.

I sent a friend request to the other woman I didn’t think that she would would respond with his things ended last year. My girlfriend walked in at my house while I was with the other girl we were watching a movie. It was hysterics the other girl was mad at ne my ex said that she was mad because she wanted to sleep with me.

Anyways my ex has not displayed a care for my needs since she broke up with me. Tonight she sent me a message telling me that she was going through my friends list and saw the other woman. She said good luck.

My take away is she must of been missing me to look at my FB page and the fact that she responded shows that she still has feelings. I’ve been keeping busy, I’ve picked up a lot of extra hours at work when i don’t have the kids, I work out in the gym in my spare time and I went out with the other woman on a couple of coffee dates.

Knowing what happened the last time and I don’t owe it to her because broke up with me. I don’t have to worry about her needs I didn’t respond back. She’ll see that I read the message in WhatsApp. How do you respond to good luck with the other girl? Validate the valid don’t validate the invalid. It’s also none of her business.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 01:18:48 AM »

I wouldn't respond. One r/s needs to be seperated from the other. Don't provide ammo.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Lucky Jim

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:05:30 AM »

Hey Mutt, I agree w/Turkish: suggest you avoid triangulation.  I think she is attempting to get you to engage by saying Good Luck with the other woman.  Agree, it's none of her business.

LJ

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:48:22 PM »

Thanks guys. I didn’t respond to that. She sent that relatively late for her because she goes to bed early. She sent another message this morning early asking me if I’m going to a birthday party for another kid at daycare. She must have been thinking about me in the morning to send me that - again not urgent. I said I don’t think so. I think that there was an invite that I didn’t get that may of been sent mom and I didn’t get it.

Around lunchtime she sent a voice message about her internet bill which I had gotten taken care of because I work for the Internet, IPTV, phone and mobility provider. I did  talk to her about that as well. I didn’t mention anything to her about the other woman and she said seemed ok.

She got really angry at me about three weeks ago and said that she never wanted to talk to me again and she had thought about getting back with me but there was zero chance after that. Which had  me worried but she feels that negativity about me at that time that doesn’t meant that’s not going to change later. The following day she said that I had always come through with her with everything and that I could call her if I ever needed something.

To some capacity she still cared about me in her heart she doesn’t feel full blown to have a r/s. The jealousy could make her want me back but i agree with Turk and Lucky Jim I’ll keep that part away from her to protect her for one but above all I want to have positive communication with her. I don’t know what’s going to happen with the other woman she said that she didn’t trust me but she does want to hang out which I agreed to but she did come and see me twice this week two days in a row actually which telegraphs that she does like my company.

gotbushels

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 09:20:15 PM »

Mutt   Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I'm with the others on supporting you through this. A little different idea from me here.   

Anyways my ex has not displayed a care for my needs since she broke up with me.
[...]
I don’t owe it to her because broke up with me. I don’t have to worry about her needs I didn’t respond back.
I didn’t want to break up with her so i suggested that we be friends with benefits so that it would help with anxiety but I still wanted a r/s with her.
[...]

I stopped seeing the other woman and got back together with my ex. I felt guilty for involving the other woman in drama.
[...]

I responded back and compliment her on her looks which wasn’t a good idea on my part.
[...]

My girlfriend walked in at my house while I was with the other girl we were watching a movie.
[...]

I appreciate this situation is difficult. Me too, many of us have gone through it. I'm not saying 'put the shoe on the other foot'. What is your role in this? What would an emotionally-leading caretaker do in each situation you found yourself in?
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 01:45:47 PM »

After I had typed this yesterday I thought that I sound angry and I think that that sounds accurate in regards to how I feel. I’d like to add that there’s disappointment in there too.

She messaged me last night starting with you liked happy today. I saw her in her room st work they had a Fathers Day thing. I read to the kids and spent some time with my son he was showing me a book that he got for his grandpa.

Anyways my idea going in there was to not look sad because that’s not going to look attractive you know fake it until you make it.

So she said I know that I shouldn’t be asking you this but is it because she’s makes you happier?

I said that we’re friends which is true the other woman doesn’t trust me and by the second time we had coffee I had this feeling at the end. I don’t feel attraction to her like I did last year I feel differently. We were catching up the first time we met for coffee and after she had met me she went out with another guy online and said that the first week that they met each other she introduced him to all of his friends.

She said she noticed on his FB pictures that sometimes he had a different name on his tag he’s in the military. He’s from Manitoba and was in the city we live in for a little while. He told her that he was a secret agent in the military ( he’s a soldier how are you a secret agent if you are deployed to potentially fight wars? ) she looked the other name in FB and found a second profile. He is married and had a wife - I’m not judging her but it’s not the same experience that I had with her last year. It telegraphs alarm bells to me but if I’m being honest with myself I don’t feel it with her.

My ex said that you don’t know what I’m going through right now. I had my adoptive mother die from cancer when I was 8 but kids are resilient o know that it’s hard. She also said that you’re moving on with someone that you cheated with me on. I don’t agree with that although I’m not 100% proud of myself with how I handled the break up the last time. She chose to break up with me but we were sleeping together after we broke up although I had not slept with the other girl and had kissed her once the night that my ex came to my house with her there.

To answer your question gotbushels. She’s jealous and she can’t communicate her feelings I think that she still has feelings for me. That being said that also telegraphs control of something that she’s losing control of. In her mind I’m hers. Her mother is dying of cancer and does t have much time left. I think that the best thing for everyone involved and I agree with her that I’m moving on too quickly I need to process my anxiety, anger and disappointment differently and I’ll spend that energy into something that gives me positive results - I’ll spend in self care and building my body. I’m not sad though because I think that my ex will be in my life one way or another but I have a feeling that she’s leaving the door open.

If and when i get involved with someone i think that it will be with someone that doesn’t have a history with either women -  a new start. This isn’t the time for me her mother is dying and I have a feeling that she’s going to turn to me for some of it after her mom passes. It’s hard to write that but I don’t know if any other way to convey it.

Lastly I will nip this in the bud ASAP and not lead the other woman on and have a talk with her. The last time I didn’t handle this as good as I could have.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:55:06 PM by Mutt » Logged

gotbushels

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »

Mutt, I know this is tough, and for that reason, as a fellow member here, I'm here to support you on a shoulder level basis. In that context, well done on getting through this and doing some confrontation of the issues. You've been here a while and I think we can agree that looking at issues takes guts.

[...] I thought that I sound angry and I think that that sounds accurate in regards to how I feel. [...]
We all get angry sometimes. I think processing and writing your book over is a better way to handle that energy than how a lot of other people handle their anger.

Of course, if you got broken-up-with by you ex, you feel angry about it. Disappointed perhaps. Sad. Me too, I was broken-up-with dozens of times by my ex. I know it may feel like she got your goat.

I’ll spend that energy into something that gives me positive results - I’ll spend in self care and building my body.
Well done on choosing this.     And I encourage you—as a peer—to take it a step further. Let's deconstruct the events, so that if you had a to-do over again, more choices, more grey areas become available to you. I don't doubt you may have a new partner in your life, by the way. To me, I think and hope with you that it's just a matter of time. When that time comes, at least you'll have more choices in those situations.

Lastly I will nip this in the bud ASAP and not lead the other woman on and have a talk with her. The last time I didn’t handle this as good as I could have.
I admire your courage. Let's look at the handling.

Let's talk about feelings.

She’s jealous [...] still has feelings for me. [...] she’s losing control [...] I’m hers.
To me, this would feel intoxicating. To be told a person is jealous for me, that can have a dizzying effect because you are so wanted for a relationship. What's more, if she's losing control of her life to be in a relationship with me, that's going to be some cream on my sundae. From a mindful position, how do you feel when someone is jealous to be with you, madly so?

To me, letting go of drama triangles (and this is not a one-off choice) is saying goodbye to my benefits. With an intimate relationship, you lose the triangle, but you also lose all the good feelings from being the quarrelled-over party. I think it's important to share that with you before going forward here.

I’m not sad though because I think that my ex will be in my life one way or another but I have a feeling that she’s leaving the door open.
To me, her leaving the door open means you get to have a backup plan. You get to not feel as sad in your grieving the relationship because now you can always 'go back to it'. Nothing wrong with that, by the way.

Yes, having been through this too, there's a lot of pain, and there's also this almost subconscious pleasure too. Maybe you don't feel it, but I think it's crucial to bring that to the surface for this situation. Or maybe it doesn't feel that way with you at all—and I'll just share this ugly truth on my own.

Now let's get down to brass tacks.

I didn’t want to break up with her so i suggested that we be friends with benefits so that it would help with anxiety but I still wanted a r/s with her.
[...]
What would an emotionally-leading-caretaker do here...

Is that fair on her to keep her as piece-on-the-side while you look for someone better to be in a long-term relationship with? Man to man, does FWB lead to the relationship type you want? Btw—I'm not admonishing you with passive-aggressive questioning—I genuinely want to know your opinion here.

[...]
Or rather, what could you have done to avoid this? Honestly, I think it's much easier to close an option and set yourself up to win from an easier decision rather than create this tough decision where you have two birds in each hand, AND one of them is an ex.

To me, if you have that choice, and you choose your ex (which you did), I think it would harm your long-term self-respect. So to me, the emotionally-leading-caretaker could protect his self-respect by saying no when the choice is easier upon his character. What this means is—avoid triangulating opportunities (involving your ex) as early as possible.

I responded back and compliment her on her looks which wasn’t a good idea on my part.
[...]
Again, you felt this wasn't a good idea. I think the reason for that is you felt it would be a triangling move. Personally, I may know it's not a good idea, but my feelings may compel me to triangle, because, as established before, triangling sometimes feels really good. Having women quarrel over you is a good feeling.

My girlfriend walked in at my house while I was with the other girl we were watching a movie.
[...]
I'd like you to take the ball on this one. What could you have done to avoid this in the first place? What could you have done on the day itself to avoid the clash altogether?

I look forward to your thoughts.
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 10:17:10 AM »

Sad. Me too, I was broken-up-with dozens of times by my ex. I know it may feel like she got your goat.

I’d like to add confusing and frustrating with the mixed signals sent from my ex by being told that you’re too good for them, there are women that can fulfill your needs and to go be with them but at the same time nit wanting another woman to be with you.

From a mindful position, how do you feel when someone is jealous to be with you, madly so?

You ask really questions gotbushels. It feels exciting when someone is really into you. It’s a stroke to the ego.

Is that fair on her to keep her as piece-on-the-side while you look for someone better to be in a long-term relationship with? Man to man, does FWB lead to the relationship type you want?

It’s not binary today relationships have a lot more grey area in contemporary culture. There’s polyamory, platonic love, relationships with emotional intimacy but no commitment, there’s romantic relationships it’s not a hard and fast rule. To be fair she did say and these are her words go and find someone else to attach to but she also agreed to a r/s that was FWB to assuage both of our anxiety but neither one of us were ready for one of us finding someone else.

I think that I said that I wasn’t proud of it because I’m more traditional and I’m not judging anyone it’s the choices in r/s’s that I struggle with and I like to be committed to one person.

That being said if I had s do-over I don’t regret the FWB r/s that we had when a r/s is over it doesn’t meant that it’s a clean break some people become friends, some people sleep together the feelings are still there we stil both had feelings for each other.

I completely agree with the triangulation that made things a lot more difficult than it should have been.

It had been five years since I had a r/s at that point I took a long break and there was a part of me that had become scared with falling I to the sane trap like I did with my exuBPDw and the anxiety doesn’t help because it’s fearful, I feared getting I to another r/s.

So when I had this ex show an abundance of attention and love it felt good that I could attract someone again and that she was different I’m not saying that she doesn’t have her own emotional baggage but it’s not like the same emotional rollercoaster that it was like with my ex.

Anyways I struggle with that grey area with definition with love and relationships and the availability that you have. Again I’m not judging anyone but if you want a committed long term relationship that doesn’t mean that the other person is interested in it as well. So I chose to compromise and I didn’t want to feel the same depression that I felt when I broke up with my and I wanted to continue in a r/s.

I started dating it’s something that I should have been transparent about in the context of continuing some semblance of a r/s with my ex. Do I owe it to her this time she chose to break up with me she hasn’t talked to me since I triggered jealousy in her and we’re not FWB. This time i honestly felt like it really was the end.

I’ve mentioned this a couple of times I have read stories where people are grieving the death of a parent her mom hasn’t died but it is inevitable I can’t imagine how hard that that would be as an adult I think that it was easier for me because I was so young. I think that a part of the reason why she broke up with me is because it’s too much right now for her. I don’t like it when she does that I wish that at least we could talk about it. I thought that I gave her space when she’s going through this but obviously it wasn’t enough.

gotbushels

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 09:07:16 PM »

Feeling good in drama.

I’d like to add confusing [...]
Wow Mutt the memories. Thanks for sharing. I remember being told something like that verbatim. Yes! Those lines are really feel-gooders in the sense that they're also communicating all these things:

• 1. You are better than them. (perceived attractiveness ↑)
  • 2. I want to be with you. (perceived attractiveness ↑)
  • 3. But I can't be with you because see #1. (perceived attractiveness ↑)

I'm not saying it is these things—the breaking-up this person uses reminds me a lot of idealisation and triangling. #3 is a real damsel-in-distress—I'd feel like Rapunzel can't let down her hair for me.

Of course you'd feel confused and frustrated. I know how that feels, dart on the cork board.

Choice of relationship style.

[...] I took a long break and there was a part of me that had become scared with falling I to the sane trap like I did with my exuBPDw and the anxiety doesn’t help because it’s fearful, I feared getting I to another r/s.
Mutt, I'm with you, I know the dating after the relationship with pwBPD.

Anyways I struggle with that grey area with definition with love and relationships and the availability that you have.
A lot of us struggle with this.

It’s not binary today relationships have a lot more grey area in contemporary culture.
I understand your approach here.

I think that I said that I wasn’t proud of it because I’m more traditional and I’m not judging anyone it’s the choices in r/s’s that I struggle with and I like to be committed to one person.
I know. It's not easy. Me too, I like to be committed to one person. I appreciate your situation in this way. With my ex it added to the confusion because you have this damsel in distress, you reach 'downward' for her, then when she has a relationship with someone 'above her' how can she not want a steady committed relationship. I mean if you have a offer this valuable, why not be more monogamous. This operation is inconsistent to me.

Me too, let's leave judging aside for a moment.

I think the issue with pursuit of non-traditional relationship building, here, seems simple. What you really want is this, "I’m more traditional", "I like to be committed to one person". If you two individuals end up creating a FWB (in substance), then that sets a poor stage for moving to a one-to-one relationship.

Let's say I don't lose my self respect from sleeping around. If I'm going to one-to-one with someone, I don't think it would be an FWB partner because:

1) I don't want kids with a mum like that (personal want).

2) If I can keep on getting more attractive bed partners, why want a woman that had to use FWB to keep a relationship.

Simply put; if you're going to build a FWB rather than a one-to-one relationship, I think that deal puts you in a lot of triangling/de-triangling drama. That's consistent with your point here:
I completely agree with the triangulation that made things a lot more difficult than it should have been.

I totally agree. Triangles are a nuisance. Embellishing; things stop being clean and simple. Your energy is directed toward fire-fighting instead of growing your relationship and your lives.

I'm not saying (1) do single-partner (2) do multiple-partners. I think the choice is yours, and we each have to live with the consequences of taking those—often mutually exclusive—paths. Not patronising, I do think you already know that, it's just that you're dating again.

Addition to dating strategy.

I'd like to suggest an addition to your dating strategy here.

We learn from our pwBPD relationships we gotta be the emotional leader in that relationship. I think with people without the disorder, yes we can loose the reigns a bit (phew). The point is that let's take the skill of leading emotionally to our dating life. How that happens here is we lead on the relation type we want—we create.

Then in the dating experiment, we see how our prospective partner comes back to us—do they create something that's mutually cooperative? Or do they want something else? I encourage you not to be afraid in taking the road where you won't back down on what you want in your relationship.

Do acceptance if your prospect can't bring one-to-one. I think—what's the worst than can happen to you. At worst, you screen them out and decrease investment in them. At best, you do this and somehow they are happy for it too. At better, you screen other women in (I'm not saying at the same time btw). So I share hope with you it's OK to not back down on your wants for a relationship. You can choose not to tolerate the FWB+drama triangle—what a waste of time!

I share this with you. It's a tough road, but I think it's a road where the driver is aware, and 94%+ BPD-free. The issue is that it's a bit lonely because you see dysfunction (hit or miss) and you do actually want to keep it out of your life. Practically, this actually means saying no to a few attractive women that aren't bringing what you want on the emotional-maturity/communication side. But you want a companion (—plural if you like). I felt alone too. Don't necessarily 'hang in there' (I felt this lonely sometimes), but rather stick to what we've learned here, keep your river flowing, don't rely on people to validate you. If you feel in a vulnerable spot, self-care, don't rely on validation externally. If you pray, do that.

[...] also agreed to a r/s that was FWB to assuage both of our anxiety but neither one of us were ready for one of us finding someone else.
Yes. And consider too, being alone and on-market can be better than being with someone and off-market.

[...] it felt good that I could attract someone again [...]
Yes, totally get you. When I got positive attention from women after my BP relationship, that was a big 'phew' from me coming from a vulnerable place. And relative to us dating our respective individual BP's, that's a BIG up. I hold this out as a good thing. When you're on the market—it's easy to be more vulnerable than we're used to, and that often means we lax our litmus tests to expand our pool. I think good on you taking this risk and getting experience  of the triangulation issues in FWB-styled relationship.

Inventory.

I should have been transparent about in the context of continuing some semblance of a r/s with my ex. Do I owe it to her [...]
Another way you can look at this is this; do you want to be transparent about continuing relations with you ex? If you were dating someone, will you seem emotionally available? Is there a way to be emotionally available and be transparent about it?

It's tough figuring out things on your own. You came forward with your story and your desire to move forward—so I'll share I've seen people on the board and elsewhere do custody purely for 'administrative' purposes. To me that means the person is closed to re-doing a relationship with their ex, they may even be a responsible dad, they are on-market emotionally.

The BP in your life.

[...] grieving the death of a parent her mom [...] because it’s too much right now for her.
Yes, grieving can be out of people's ability to handle sometimes. Another perspective here is it may be easier as an adult. Moreover, from the BP's perspective, if she has a mom she took her traits from, it may actually be easier for her to grieve her own loss.

One way you can give care rather than be the spouse with the shoulder to cry on, is give her the choice of processing her grief with a T. Help her find a T if she can't get one. I would do that with my best friend. I might give them the shoulder to cry on but I won't get intimate with them to help them process it. Why would I want to get intimate with a mentally disordered person / person with traits?

To put it bluntly, from her perspective, a shoulder to cry on that you can have sex with sounds good in the short term, but in the long term isn't necessarily better than a T's shoulder—especially for a BP.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Enjoy your week and your peace.
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 02:08:22 PM »

I want to start by saying that she doesn't display BPD traits I can see how I was confusing because this is a board about pwBPD originally but has since been branded as emotionally intense r/s's and I would not say that this r/s is emotionally intense I would say that it's emotionally deprived she has a mental illness of some sort  - she displays traits of obsessive compulsive behavior and anxiety which are both fearful symptoms she also an egoist and displays narcissistic traits she has 13 traits out of 15 which would classify her as narcissistic but not necessarily narcissistic personality disorder.

With my ex it added to the confusion because you have this damsel in distress, you reach 'downward' for her, then when she has a relationship with someone 'above her' how can she not want a steady committed relationship. I mean if you have a offer this valuable, why not be more monogamous.

"I like to be committed to one person". If you two individuals end up creating a FWB (in substance), then that sets a poor stage for moving to a one-to-one relationship.

Good points. I don't understand it either but I think that by her saying that she still loves me but can't be with me is a logics and heart thing meaning that there is something that she still has not disclosed that is holding her back - quite simply since the onset of the r/s she has commitment issues. Pertaining to this r/s I think that she doesn't see it working longterm and ended it now because it became boring, routing, stressful if I had to take a guess I would say that it's because of the stress but it could be because a parent disapproves of me for a number of reasons and since the beginning of the r/s her mom disapproves of me. She's not supposed to date white guys, she's south asian and she told her mom in the beginning of the r/s and I don't know why she told her mom.

I don't get it either gotbushels that if she thinks that she doesn't deserve me then why not stay committed but I think that it points back to the reasons that I just stated. I appreciate you walking me through this because you've shown me the other side of the equation that I'm currently having blind spots with but I didn't think about how a FWB is not a good foundation for an actual r/s I was desperate at the time and just wanted something more than friends.

Triangles are a nuisance. Embellishing; things stop being clean and simple. Your energy is directed toward fire-fighting instead of growing your relationship and your lives.

I never thought about it that way but you are right your energy is mostly spend fighting fires than building the r/s.

Then in the dating experiment, we see how our prospective partner comes back to us—do they create something that's mutually cooperative? Or do they want something else? I encourage you not to be afraid in taking the road where you won't back down on what you want in your relationship.

You are right because she's been having it her way with how she wants and we're no synchronized and like you said don't comprimise with what you want.

I share this with you. It's a tough road, but I think it's a road where the driver is aware, and 94%+ BPD-free. The issue is that it's a bit lonely because you see dysfunction (hit or miss) and you do actually want to keep it out of your life. Practically, this actually means saying no to a few attractive women that aren't bringing what you want on the emotional-maturity/communication side. But you want a companion (—plural if you like). I felt alone too. Don't necessarily 'hang in there' (I felt this lonely sometimes), but rather stick to what we've learned here, keep your river flowing, don't rely on people to validate you. If you feel in a vulnerable spot, self-care, don't rely on validation externally. If you pray, do that.

After my break up with my exuBPDw I imposed time off on myself I had not realized the demands of dating especially when you are a single dad - I won't lie there definitely was a loneliness there and I think that I was comprising myself by staying in a r/s that confuses me, hurts me and above all we have completely different values. It was for the fear of having to go out there again that I wanted to stay in something that was past it's expiry date but that being said I did hustle and went on several dates its like you said I need to validate myself that I will get what I want if I hustle.

Yes, grieving can be out of people's ability to handle sometimes. Another perspective here is it may be easier as an adult.

I can see what you are saying. I do think that she also has a point it's too soon to be dating I'll do like what I did the last time, I'll put my head down hustle in the gym and I have some short term goals that I can also keep busy with, not to mention therapy I have that as well and I'll resurface later when I'm not thinking about her, I also think that I need to detach from her.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest