Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 01:12:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Endless Drama- When does it stop? Does it ever stop?  (Read 382 times)
Oliverlee69

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: July 17, 2019, 09:15:39 PM »

Living with my D is like living in a pimple that comes to a head and isn't quit ready to pop.  Her self created drama seems to be endless.  D spends countless hours manipulating and twisting conversations.  Her anger is no longer anger it is rage! D blames me for everything, denies all wrong doing, and still does not have any respect for me or the house I provide.  Her toilet broke and I fixed the problem she spent her entire day texting and calling people to tell them that I ruined her toilet and her life.  The entire weekend she has screamed and even ripped trim off of the door way with her bare hands.  Yesterday while taking a bath she forced the door open and screamed at me while aggressively standing over me. Tonight she called me screaming she coming home to bust my teeth down my throat.  Her behavior is odd and I don't trust her.  I received a called from D telling me she was taking her phone for repair was in traffic and was running out of gas.  She asked me to send her paypal money. I agreed to 5 dollar because again car in my name means a fine for me if it gets towed.  When pay pal didn't work she asked my credit card.  I told her no and she became enraged. My mother offered to meet her because it was not far- she declined.  I suspect she didn't need gas but just wanted money.  If she gets money she spends it quick.  She does hair on the side and in one day made 165 the next day she is asking for gas because she spent the money on something for herself.  Her friends have gone down hill too. Gone are the nice grade school friends who have moved on in college or with jobs and her new friends all of criminal records and/or were on drugs.  Interviews for jobs for D well who knows if she really goes to any or just blows smoke.
I am exhausted, I literally do not have any peace in my house, I don't eat sitting down, I can't watch TV because there is nothing but drama. Sorry to vent- I am actually sick of hearing myself
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Only Human

Relationship status: divorced since the 90's

Love is still the answer

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 11:14:31 PM »

Hi Oliverlee!

I can certainly relate to being exhausted from the drama that surrounds a pwBPD. For me, it's my 26-year-old daughter who lives with me. I'm so sorry for all you've been through, anyone in your position would be exhausted!

I've read your other threads and the words "exhausted," and "drama" are used frequently so I must ask, are you taking time for self-care? I know I find myself getting anxious and stressed out when I overhear my DD getting worked up over the phone and it's not even drama that involves me! I used to listen intently and get myself worked up. Now I try to busy myself, sometimes resorting to earbuds or even leaving the house to get away.

Yesterday while taking a bath she forced the door open and screamed at me while aggressively standing over me. Tonight she called me screaming she coming home to bust my teeth down my throat.  Her behavior is odd and I don't trust her.

I don't blame you for not trusting her, Oliverlee. The behavior you describe is certainly is concerning. I read in one of your earlier posts that she punched you in the face because she thought you hid her car key and I'm concerned for your safety. Are you ok? Is she frequently violent? Have you ever gotten law enforcement involved?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm asking because I care. It may be a good idea to reach out to a domestic violence resource center, just as a precaution and to get some guidance on things you may be able to do to keep yourself safe.

Excerpt
Sorry to vent- I am actually sick of hearing myself

This is a safe place to vent, you have a lot to deal with and we are here for you. Keep posting, Oliverlee, we've got you.

Please let us know how you are doing.

~ OH

"It's our god forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved."
-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
FaithHopeLove
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Shaky

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 05:43:17 AM »

I share OH's concern for your safety. Are you in touch with DV resources?
formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 07:13:00 AM »

OliveerLee69,

I'm also interested in understanding your contact with DV resources in the area. 

Talking these things through with appropriately trained DV people should improve your perspective about how to best support your daughter.

Best,

FF

Oliverlee69

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 05:11:11 AM »

I honestly have not had a second to research any resources available in my area.  With the really violent behavior D exhibited two nights ago I suspected she was using drugs.  I have a rehab organization waiting to do an intervention when she schedules a time to come pick up some clothes.  They believe she is using Meth based on the aggressive and violent behavior.  I would love to have someone to chat with more than once a week.  I feel like a terrible person putting her on the street she is my only child but I do not see her getting any better and I fear for everyone's safety.
formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 06:39:35 AM »

I hope you can make time today to find resources.  Just for a talk.  Information will help you make a wise decision.

Keep the focus on safety first.

Hang in there.     

Best,

FF

wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 09:13:58 AM »

Hi Oliverlee

Hugs to you    

Excerpt
With the really violent behavior D exhibited two nights ago I suspected she was using drugs.  I have a rehab organization waiting to do an intervention when she schedules a time to come pick up some clothes.  They believe she is using Meth based on the aggressive and violent behavior.

Have you arranged for a friend to be with you, when a pick up time is scheduled and the intervention takes place?

Keep reaching out as you are, I too hope you find time to make the call to your local DV resource.

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Only Human

Relationship status: divorced since the 90's

Love is still the answer

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 08:17:44 AM »

I have a rehab organization waiting to do an intervention when she schedules a time to come pick up some clothes. 

Do I understand correctly that your daughter is not currently living with you?

~ OH

"It's our god forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved."
-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest