Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 04:11:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaslighting  (Read 518 times)
Lola B

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: September 12, 2019, 06:11:00 PM »

This is not my first post, but I don't know how to post new ventings.

I feel a bit like I can't type the words because I shouldn't speak this way about my kid. And sometimes she is "normal". And sometimes she is a rage monster. And sometimes she is a vicious animal. And sometimes she's a liar and gaslighter.

I just caught her being all of the worst above qualities. She twisted my words to a friend so her parents treat me like I'm insane and dangerous, which is ironic. She gaslit me about what family says about me. My father encouraged me to get a restraining order against her but she is only 19 and her father is her first abandoner. There is another thing I'm forgetting because I have a brain injury due to her driving me home from work (because I gave her the car for the day since she was off from school) when we got T-boned and I ended up in hospitals for 3 months. She blames me for her senior year being ruined and her having to go through the trauma of her mom maybe dying alone. That is because all my friends and family members couldn't handle her. I have been recovering my cognition, memory, and body for almost 2 years while my BPD or complex trauma kid has gotten worse and worse.

There are no words to comfort me. My brain injury causes increased impulsivity, so I attempted to take my life when thinking about growing older with this lunatic that I sometimes love like my kid and sometimes shake my head and think this is a horror movie. It didn't succeed (obviously), and the meds for impulsivity and depression make me eat more than I'm used to or comfortable with because I have a lot of scar tissue in my guts because of the car accident.

So, I am broke, broken, brain-injured, unemployed awaiting disability appeal, in litigation, single and broken hearted, my body fails me and I'm getting heavy.

Work was how I felt productive and valuable, given my home life, and now I can't even drive. I've lost my network, most of my friends, she has scared away 2 former partners, and recently I attempted suicide (not around her) after relentless viciousness.

Short of a miracle, don't offer links or numbers, please. My family is insane but pitching in, I'm on meds and followed closely, kid is on meds, followed, and refuses to acknowledge BPD.

I am coming back as a dog with a giant bladder and a strong thirst so I can pee on everyone who I sense is an a$$.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 08:30:19 PM »

Hi Lola. 

I can hear the frustration and sadness and the anger too.  I'm sitting here thinking of what a struggle it must be and how frustrating it must be for you.   It is okay to feel these feelings and express them about your daughter when you need to.  It can help as long as it is not ongoing right? 

I won't offer you links or numbers.   Smiling (click to insert in post)  What I will ask is for you to tell us how we can help you short of working a miracle as you said.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
SadtimesAZ

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 09:07:34 PM »

Sorry to hear that. Your daughter is an adult now so your only option is involuntary commitment. I tried with my wife but she just lied and got released the same day and went right back to it. I know someone else in a situation like that with her adult daughter who blames everything on mom. My ex wife blames everything on me. You have to set boundaries and stick to them whatever you are comfortable with. That's really all you can do.
FaithHopeLove
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Shaky

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 12:42:02 AM »

Hi Lola
I join Harri in agreeing to respect your request not to send links or numbers and in standing by ready to offer any help or support that I can. You are not alone. People care.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest