Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 06:04:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just curious — BPD or not BPD Traits  (Read 345 times)
UBPDHelp

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: February 07, 2020, 11:03:25 AM »

First, a big thank you to EVERYONE on this site. I have felt lost for so long...and sad, confused, hurt...

I feel much better, despite current really bad dysregulation of uBPDH. I am still terrified what my future holds (kids, finances and inevitable battle if we separate), but better nonetheless!

I also am still trying to read, understand and take it all in, so please excuse me if I’ve missed this or not connected the dots yet.

So my H has some “quirks” that I’m wondering if are BPD or just bad quirks. Hoping others can weigh in and even share experiences.

1. H needs to be first at everything (think this correlates to my previous bf, too).  I don’t mean winner so much.  First to do something, first to use the mayonnaise, first to go somewhere.
2. Along that line, every great idea was somehow his great idea. I could have thought of it but he will twist it to I wouldn’t have thought of it if HE hadn’t done X.  This doesn’t apply to just me.  He does this to everyone. It’s generally not even important things, so never seemed worthy to challenge, but another line in the sand being pushed.
3. He will NOT ever apologize. I think in 20+ years, I’ve heard him say sorry 2x and always with a caveat.
4. He doesn’t like to talk about his day (hates his job) BUT also never asks how mine was. May ask kids about school, but nothing for me.

These are just a couple...I know there are others. Love to hear any thoughts. Thanks!
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 05:06:05 AM »

he sounds like a difficult person, thats for sure!

its hard to say if these are BPD traits per se, or bad quirks. people with bpd traits can certainly have bad quirks, too!

so how do you respond when these things come up?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest