Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 15, 2024, 10:57:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Our abuse recovery guide
Survivor to Thriver | Free download.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: resources in Japanese?  (Read 411 times)
forestpotato

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: common law

« on: January 03, 2021, 12:23:08 AM »

Hello,

I just starting reading the book "Stop Walking on Eggshells", and I would love to get a Japanese language version, or a similar book in Japanese for my mum to read.
The author Randi Kreger mentions that there is a Japanese publisher for this book but my google search has come up with nothing.

Any Japanese speakers out there who can point me in the right direction or suggest some resources? Any leads or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
PearlsBefore

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 11:13:02 AM »

Randi Kreger wrote the book, and gives lectures in Japan (assume English with a translator?), but it's probably best to just send her an eMail asking where to buy a Japanese copy because she'd surely know - or be able to tell you the email address for the publisher. https://www.bpdcentral.com/about/contact/ has a webform to contact her - but I'm pretty sure I've seen her email address floating around (possibly inside the book itself?)

Cast not your pearls before swine, lest they trample them, and turn and rend you. --- I live in libraries; if you find an academic article online that you can't access but might help you - send me a Private Message.
forestpotato

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 02:43:14 PM »

Thank you, PearlsBefore!
I followed the link you posted and sent off an email; fingers crossed that there is some good translated material out there, as my mom definitely needs these resources more than myself at this point.  Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

PearlsBefore

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 03:02:58 PM »

https://www.kinokuniya.co.jp/f/dsg-01-9784791106776 looks like it is The ABCs of BPD in Japanese, and I can't tell for certain if https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%A2%83%E7%95%8C%E6%80%A7%E4%BA%BA%E6%A0%BC%E9%9A%9C%E5%AE%B3-BPD-%E5%AE%9F%E8%B7%B5%E3%83%AF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%96%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E2%80%95%E3%81%AF%E3%82%8C%E3%82%82%E3%81%AE%E3%81%AB%E3%81%95%E3%82%8F%E3%82%8B%E3%82%88%E3%81%86%E3%81%AA%E6%AF%8E%E6%97%A5%E3%82%92%E3%81%99%E3%81%94%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B%E6%96%B9%E3%80%85%E3%81%AE%E3%81%9F%E3%82%81%E3%81%AE%E5%85%B7%E4%BD%93%E7%9A%84%E5%AF%BE%E5%87%A6%E6%B3%95-%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3-%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AC%E3%83%BC/dp/4791105931 is similar (there's a fun web address to copy/paste). https://corot.nise.go.jp/opc/en/xc/search/%2A?ql=1&filter%5B%5D=all_authors_fc%3A%22Kreger%2C%20Randi%22 lists a couple other books printed in Japanese but appears to be a loaning library rather than a shop (I'll assume your Japanese is superior to my "skimming for English words") but at least offers titles.

The url www.repository.seinan-gu.ac.jp/bitstream/handle/123456789/214/th-n64v1-p111-131-mat.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y may also be useful?

Cast not your pearls before swine, lest they trample them, and turn and rend you. --- I live in libraries; if you find an academic article online that you can't access but might help you - send me a Private Message.
forestpotato

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 11:06:56 PM »

Thank you so much for you help, PearlsBefore, I really appreciate it!
I got an email response today with a link to an online japanese bookshop that I was going to post here in case someone else had a similar question, but it's the same as the link you provided!
I'm impressed at your internet search skills, I can read a tiny bit of japanese but I quickly found myself at many internet dead ends during my sleuthing.

Very grateful for your help, and this forum.
forestpotato

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 11:25:07 PM »

oh, and in case anyone else ever reads this for info, some reviewers reported that the books aren't translated very well into japanese. (I can't verify whether this is true or not, as I had to google translate the reviews into english myself!)
one reviewer recommended a japanese book on bpd by a man named Takashi Okada that is apparently written in a way that reads a bit more naturally in japanese.  I am looking into it.

I found (besides clicking on the helpful links by PearlsBefore, and emailing the administrators of this website), that going to your countries' amazon site and then entering Randi Kreger in the search field will bring up all the books in circulation. On amazon.ca, I saw her work in french and portuguese translated books as well as Japanese.

going to amazon.jp and typing ランディ クリーガー (Randi Kreger) in the search field then toggling back and forth with google translate was quite informative.

good luck everyone With affection (click to insert in post)

lateappointment

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Living together

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 05:53:58 AM »

I found the book 境界性パーソナリティ障害の人の気持ちがわかる本 to be a very gentle introduction:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4062789671
https://twitter.com/ADHDsoU2BPDlife/status/973825469945647104

It doesn’t go very deep though. I just happened to see it at the library and was shocked how some quotes and behaviours matched exactly my partner (first screenshot - “don’t go to work, stay with me”, “think only of me...”)
forestpotato

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 07:48:31 PM »

Hello lateappointment,

Thank you for your suggestion!
It sounds like your reading level in Japanese is very advanced/you are a native Japanese speaker? or you have great translating software? haha, anyway i would love ANY and all suggestions for more resources if you think of more!

With my limited japanese vocabulary and reading skills, the added language barrier makes my family dynamic a real challenge.

Also Kudos to you for supporting and being with your bpd partner, based on my experience with the illness, I can only imagine how challenging it must be at times for you.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest