Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 08:18:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with ex bpd gf  (Read 358 times)
zenwexler

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 25, 2021, 05:59:50 PM »

So I know this is a pretty weird request, but I'd be really grateful for some help and some trust. I posted pretty extensively in the past on here.

I'm looking to download some pictures of my ex. When we broke up I deleted all of them rather quickly. As I've matured and grown, I realized that there's a form of "exposure therapy" that's pretty much rooted in Buddhist thought that I really want to try.

The main thing is, I have no desire to know what she's been up to, see pictures with current or past bfs, career, marriage etc. So I'd be incredibly grateful if someone could message me and help me out. I'd like to have someone potentially send me some pictures of her so I can work more skillfully with detaching myself. I know this is a weird request, but of my years studying meditation, I'm confident in this approach and I figured I'd ask here because if anyone can understand the chaos of dating or breaking up with someone who has bpd it would be here. I just don't want to post her name publicly, and I'm trying to avoid having some random internet creep do this. Although her social media is public, so it would be like just downloading any stranger's pictures. And I don't want to ask any friend's or family as it was this site, forum, and people that have truly helped me through all of this.

Thanks in advance!
Gemsforeyes

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Ended 2/2020

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 07:47:01 PM »

Hi Zenw-

I see it’s been nearly 4 years since you’ve visited the boards.  I’m glad you’ve come back.  I went back and looked at your history, which truly shows that the length of these relationships bears NO weight in relation to how long it can take for us to heal from the disorder and abuse we experienced.  And in your situation your ex refused to set you free from contact.  I’m so so sorry.

Have you and she remained in contact since your last post in 2017?  Entirely up to you whether you wish to answer.

Regarding your request for the photo of your ex, I cannot help you with that.  But I want to relay an experience I had.  About a song... I’m very musically driven.

I was sitting in a VERY Public place with my iPod headphones in my ears, and this certain song came on that my ex BPD/ NPDbf and I danced to once in my living room.  It was just one of many, fast and slow.  The song itself didn’t “mean” anything to us in particular.  I instantly doubled over and a sobbing sound came out of me.  Kind of stunned me.  I closed my eyes and forced myself to listen to every word.  And then staying in that chair, I played that song over and over and over again until I made it through without shedding a tear.  I have no idea how long I was there.  And I didn’t care.  None of it was planned.

Is there a song you can use? 

There are still photos of my ex all over my home, and none of those did for me what this song experience did.  Because I processed actual experiences through what I heard.

My now ex (6.5 years) was one of the most handsome men I’ve ever been with.. the most charming, and by far the most cruel and deceptive.  I have exactly one photograph on my iPad that I took before his first narcissistic RAGE at me.  I actually looked at it the other night and said “this is before I knew about you”.

We broke up for good in 2/2020.  His last fishing text was in 12/2020 and I will NEVER allow him near me again.

I wish you peaceful healing, my friend.  Please grant yourself closure.  Disordered people circle for themselves.  Not for you.

If you’re having trouble, please post.

Warmly,
Gemsforeyes

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest