Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 08:57:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Popular books with members
Surviving a
Borderline Parent

Emotional Blackmail
Fear, Obligation, and Guilt
When Parents Make
Children Their Partners
Healing the
Shame That Binds You

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hanging in there  (Read 380 times)
zachira
Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« on: October 30, 2021, 10:53:26 AM »

I have hired a lawyer to help me to become legally and financially separate from my siblings which is a process that could take years. It is very costly as I am not independently wealthy, and worth it, as I would like to wake up one day knowing that the threats and cruelty of my siblings are meaningless in terms of how they can impact me legally and financially. My sister has tried to involve me in tax fraud several times, and the accountant has thankfully protected me. My brother threatened to report me for elder abuse, when he limited my contact with my mother when she was alive, and I stayed away knowing he could really do some real harm, even though he was the one committing elder abuse. I never know when I am going to get some toxic email from either one of my siblings full of threats, unbelievable insults, etc., or when I will run into flying monkeys who believe and support the smear campaign of me, and I have had quite a lot of this the last few weeks in particular. Hanging in there, and very grateful for all the support I receive here and else where. I feel like I live in two worlds: the nightmare of my immediate and extended families and their flying monkeys, and the normal world where I am treated with kindness and respect. I feel so sad for so many members here who like me just want to wake up and have the nightmare be over. I am so glad for members who have gotten their freedom from their abusers, after many years of painful struggles.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 10:59:36 AM by zachira » Logged

Kwamina
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 01:33:02 PM »

Hi zachira,

Well I'm glad that you are managing to keep on trucking, and that you are taking steps to (further) shield you from your siblings' harmful behaviors Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

It's been and continues to be a long journey, but preserving your own well-being is definitely worth it  With affection (click to insert in post)

The Board Parrot

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
zachira
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 02:37:58 PM »

Kwamina,
Good to hear from you. You supported me when I started on this journey. How are you doing?

Kwamina
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 12:44:55 PM »

Hi zachira Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I've been alright, also still trucking :-)

It is challenging dealing with our BPD or otherwise disordered family-members. It definitely helps to have people to talk to on here who get what it's about.

Glad that I was able to support you and it's awesome to see you supporting others on here  Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Way to go! (click to insert in post) Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest