Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 30, 2024, 12:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Depeche mode's "Enjoy the silence." Just typing my thoughts  (Read 250 times)
T.C.
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: December 15, 2022, 01:49:01 PM »

Even now I have hope. It's perpetual. I have hope that my ex can get better.  He's damn if he's with me and damned if we are apart.  Its been 2 weeks now since our breakup. He  told me to "Find another Borderline".
I have close family members who are cluster B. I am a conscious codependent who is gradually changing.  It's a mess. And now there is silence.  How can this silence be so loud? I really trying to have an understanding.  This is how I've been able to live life. See that there is a lot more than whats on the surface.
Couscous

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 04:56:16 PM »

The silence might be very loud if you have an adrenaline addiction. I think that’s why relationships with an pwBPD are addictive. Conflict causes an adrenaline rush.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/addiction/conflict-addiction-who-it-affects-and-why-it-happens/

Tupla Sport

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 12:10:33 AM »

The silence might be very loud if you have an adrenaline addiction. I think that’s why relationships with an pwBPD are addictive. Conflict causes an adrenaline rush.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/addiction/conflict-addiction-who-it-affects-and-why-it-happens/

Adrenaline and dopamine. I noticed at the end of my relationship how even very low action and activity time with my ex was always aflame with the nervous tension of looking for a hit of dopamine in both camps. I often felt drained in advance. I might have just wanted a cozy snuggle time watching a movie after the work week but she was always in a jittery mood. Even if we sat down to do exactly that I felt this weird static electricity in the air and it often needed to resolve into a full-blown triangulation session ("God I hate thing X!" "Oh yeah, thing X is the absolute worst!" "Hell yeah!" "Hell yeah!").
SaltyDawg

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Moderately High Conflict Marriage (improving)

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 09:39:50 AM »

Depache Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" is an awesome song.

To me, when there is silence, there is calm, there is peace, there is a lack of conflict.  Even if it is the 'calm before the storm' known as the borderline.

When silence is no more, then there is conflict and strife.  The lyrics of this song are strong.

Excerpt

Words like violence
Break the silence
Come crashing in
Into my little world
Painful to me
Pierce right through me
Can't you understand?
Oh, my little girl

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm

Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest